#140Conf: The State of Now Message Board › #140Conf Feb Meetup - #Storytelling Resources

#140Conf Feb Meetup - #Storytelling Resources

Michael M.
user 10762369
New York, NY
Hey there -

It's Michael Margolis from the February #140Conf NYC Meetup on Storytelling. Thanks to everyone who came out in the slurpee wet weather back on Feb 2.

Have ideas for expanding the storytelling agenda at 140Conf?

Based on the energy of February's Meetup, The Future of Storytelling is a topic deserving of far greater attention. Jeff, Geo, and I would love to hear your thoughts.

In the meantime, here are some resources on the storytelling front:

• Headed to SXSWi? Check out this #storytelling program guide.
  • Enjoy a free download of my storytelling manifesto for change-makers.
  • Peter Guber, Hollywood Impresario has an awesome new book on storytelling.
  • Nancy Duarte's latest book Resonate is a storytelling/presentation masterpiece.
  • Want to reinvent your bio as a story? My latest course still has a few spots.
Look forward to facilitating more storytelling discussions amongst the #140conf tribe. Send us your ideas and recommendations!

Metaphors be with you,

Michael Margolis
michael@getstoried.com
http://www.twitter.co...­
Chandlee B.
chandlee_b
Lebanon, NH
Post #: 77
Check out Narativ.com, a New York based consulting firm that focuses exclusively on storytelling.

Co-founded by Murray Nossel, an Academy Award nominated documentary film-maker, Narativ teaches a proprietary methodology of storytelling. Through Narativ:

• I've learned to tell stories that engage audiences.
  • I've learned to write e-mail that has little chance of being mis-interpreted.
  • I've increased my ability to write clearly and quickly.

Narativ offers one-day workshops for entrepreneurs (next date is May 22) as well as Storytelling (next June 12).

If you follow up with them, please tell them I sent you - they will take great care of you.

Chandlee Bryan