#140Conf: The State of Now Message Board › Excellent Columbia Business School Event on Social Media for retail brands .
|A former member||
CASHING IN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
1. Rebecca Ulanoff- Marketing Team Leader at Whole Foods Market ;
2. Ted Rubin- CMO, Iconoclast & self-described "Social Animal" for companies like OpenSky , e.l.f. Cosmetics , BlackBook, YoYoDyne;
3. Pepper Roukas- Director, Content and Community at American Express
Social Media is changing retail from the local food truck to the biggest retail consumer and B2B brands. Some fortunate brands are using social marketing techniques to turn heads and turn anonymous customers into powerful brand advocates.
In this session, we’ll talk with professionals at the leading edge of social marketing about the opportunities and pitfalls they see in the market, including -
• How to kickstart the oldest retail category into an engaging lifestyle brand in social media. Whole Foods Market has more than 2 million Twitter followers, and separate channels dedicated to topical interests and local store information.
• How to build a brand, sell product, gain major distribution, and attract bloggers and buzz with nearly no traditional marketing budget. During the course of 2009, e.l.f. Cosmetics became a social media powerhouse, accumulating in excess of 50,000 Facebook fans, over 50,000 Twitter followers (including Ted’s presence), and an astonishing 2.3 million+ views of user-generated videos!
• How to listen first, even as one of the world’s most recognized authorities on retail commerce. American Express has a methodical approach to engage cardmembers and develop relationships on topics of interest as well as the company’s core products and services.
• Are there methodologies for individual brands to identify achievable goals and strategies that are consistent with their other marketing efforts?
Cost: $25 for CBSAC/NY Members / $35 for non-members (includes food and cocktails)
DATE: Tuesday, May 25, 2010
TIME: 6:00pm – 8:30
(Includes 1 hour discussion, Q&A … Apps and Cocktails before and/or afterward)
VENUE: ReedSmith LLP 599 Lexington Avenue (@ 53rd Street) 22nd Floor
WHO: Columbia Business School Alumni Club of New York, Bucknell University Media and Technology Alunni Network and Duke Alumni Club of New York
Moderator: Drew Neisser, (Duke '79) CEO and Founder of Renegade