OUR BIG EVENT: "NJ Swing Into Spring" Live Music Dance Bash with world-renowned Gordon Webster Quintet & Workshops with Nathan Bugh of NYC!
One of the most-sought-after musicians among Swing/Lindy Hop Dancers around the world, GORDON WEBSTER (and band), attracted 250+ dancers from as far as Albany, Baltimore, L.I., CT, DC, and the tri-state, to our NJ Swing event in November. Invite your friends and spread the word about his much-anticipated return, along with world-class dancer/instructor, NATHAN BUGH, to Whippany, NJ on March 10th, for an awesome SATURDAY of Lessons, Food, Live Music, Dance Performance, the Shim Sham, and dancers from all over the region! All at the spacious, chandelier-lit, all-wood ballroom floor of the largest American Legion in the state.
- NO partner and NO dance experience needed.
- Discounts for prepaying, students, out-of-staters AND carpool drivers!
- RSVP for train & bus shuttles and carpool info.
- Email [masked] for details.
5:00 - 8:30 p.m. WORKSHOPS:
No partner needed for beginner through advanced Workshops w/fabulous world class instructor, NATHAN BUGH from NYC (see video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cp4CZgmKsg&feature=player_embedded
NJ Swing's Founder & Director, KRISTINE, and introducing new instructor NISSREEN!
5:00 - 7:15ish p.m. St. Patty's deli-style hot corned beef on rye made to order and ice water (plus, inexpensive cash bar downstairs).
Workshop descriptions: http://www.njswing.com/lessons.htm (scroll down to mid-page)
Nathan Bugh's workshops:
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Improvising Footwork in Lindy
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Improve Your Swing Out (and Partnering)
- Practice & Dinner on premises
- 7:20 - 8:20 p.m. Lindy Charleston Challenge
Nissreen's workshops (w/Kristine):
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. Swing: 6-count Basics (no experience needed)
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Swing: 6-count Fun Moves
- Practice & Dinner on premises
- 7:20 - 8:20 p.m. Intro to the Shim Sham (classic jazz/tap line dance)
8:30 - 12:00 a.m. DANCE BASH:
Extended live music Dance Bash w/the phenomenal GORDON WEBSTER Quintet! The Shim Sham, and a Dance Performance by NYC's NATHAN BUGH! DJ'd swing favorites, with a dash of soul and requests, between sets. Complimentary veggie platter, cheese & cracker platter, cookies, snacks, and ice water to complete your St. Patty's workshop meal (plus, inexpensive cash bar downstairs).
In addition to discounts for PREPAYING (saves $3 to $7) and for taking MULTIPLE WORKSHOPS (saves $6 to $15), you can take $3 off with "ID Discount", if you're a STUDENT w/ID (under 26) OR a Bridge & Tunnel OUT-OF-STATER w/ID (wherever you live if a Toll Bridge or Tunnel crossing is required to enter NJ). Show ID at the door upon check-in, even if you've prepaid.
NEW! "CARPOOL DRIVER Discount": Are you a student or out-of-stater with wheels? Fill your car with your student or out-of-state friends and take $2 off per each additional passenger you bring, after your first passenger (no limit).
Combine discounts and save BIG!
See easy Pricing Table: http://www.njswing.com/lessons.htm (scroll down to mid-page)
[Take $3 off prices below w/"ID Discount" (Students and Out-of-staters) and take MUCH more off w/NEW "Carpool Driver Discount"]
- Dance Bash only: $20 Prepaid $23 Door
- One Workshop + Dance Package: $35 Prepaid $40 Door
- Two Workshops + Dance Package: $48 Prepaid $55 Door
- FULL NIGHT Package: $59 Prepaid $65 Door
Full night includes food & refreshments, three hours of learning w/Nathan Bugh (or Nissreen or Kristine), three and a half hours of dancing with people from all over the region to ultra-danceable live music w/Gordon Webster Quintet, plus Nathan Bugh's dance performance!
REGISTRATION & PREPAY DISCOUNT:
Registration required. Reply to [masked] with full name(s) and full contact info to register for workshops. Please indicate your payment method in your registration email.
For the Prepay Discount, prepay by:
- CHECK: mailed by 5 p.m. Thursday to: PO Box 245, Denville, NJ 07834. Payable to "Kristine Powell". (Include full current contact info & phone #). Saves $ and there's no "online fee".
- ONLINE: by midnight Thursday via www.paypal.com to PayPal ID: [masked]. Add $1.50 per person to total (or $2 per person to total for Full Night Package). (Note: no credit cards at door).
Email [masked] or call 973.299.SWING (7946)