A former member
Post #: 1
I would love to help set up a big camping trip before the weather gets too hot! I don't know the area too well since I just moved here in January but I figure if I throw the idea out there maybe some other people can help it along!
A former member
Post #: 15
ya even i m looking for..wat say guys
A former member
I love camping! I'd be interested in a trip. I've got gear as well.
Brent M.
user 12413136
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I'd go! If you plan an event I could do the same with my group of recent college grads.
A former member
Camping sounds like fun! I have been camping in the area and there are several camping sites that would be good. My two favorites are Lake Texoma, and there's a state park in Weatherford/ Mineral Wells that was great as well. I do not have gear confused but I have a Jeep that can haul a lot of stuff!

How many people do you think will be good for this? 15? 20?
Jeremy
user 9188589
Addison, TX
Post #: 3
I'm down. Mineral Wells is nice but the fires are close to there so they may be close. There is LBJ Grasslands in Decatur and Lake Tyler. Also Turner Falls right in Oklahoma. Texas state parks have public consumption restrictions if that makes any difference.
A former member
I would definitely be in for this...My friends and I go often!
Janice
user 9391022
Dallas, TX
Post #: 4
I would be in depending on date, have camping gear. Lake Texoma or Turner Falls sound like a good option.
A former member
Post #: 30
I'd be open to this as well.

Turner falls is a good choice, but I'd avoid any holiday weekend because that place gets nuts.

Also Ozarks aren't that bad of a drive.

For more local , you could do a tubing/camping trip
A former member
A canoe trip down the Ozarks would definitely be fun! Count me in on a camping trip~