For our next meetup on Friday, July 25th, let's meet for a picnic and free performance of Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park. This is a summertime LA tradition! We will picnic at 6pm, there is a dance performance at 6:30, and the show begins at 7pm.
WHAT TO BRING…
• Food (this is not a potluck, so bring what you want to eat). There are also some concessions on site. Alcohol is not allowed though, since it's a county park.
• There is no seating at the venue: please bring a blanket or a low-backed lawn chair.
• DRESS WARMLY! Once the sun goes down, it gets quite chilly.
• Although the exit path is lighted, you may want to bring your own flashlight as well.
• No dogs.
1) From the Southbound 5: take the Los Feliz Blvd West exit turning right up Crystal Springs Drive almost immediately upon exiting the freeway. There may be roadworks along this section of Crystal Springs Drive, so be aware of them while entering the park. Follow the signs to make a right turn onto Crystal Springs Drive. 2) From the Eastbound 134: take the Victory Blvd exit (following signs to the LA Zoo). You will make a right onto Riverside, and an immediate left onto Zoo Drive (which will then become Crystal Springs Drive as you continue past the Los Angeles Zoo). 3) From the Northbound 5: take the Griffith Park exit, which will take you to Crystal Springs Drive. Turn right on Crystal Springs Drive. In all cases, look for our signs along the way directing you to the venue. You will arrive at an intersection where there are several activities including the Merry-Go-Round, Shane’s Inspiration Playground, and the Wilson Harding Golf Course, as well as the Ranger Station. Look for our signs that will direct you to Parking Lot 2 (go past Parking Lot 1) for available parking. PLEASE NOTE: the parking here is plentiful and free, but can be a bit disorienting as there are several connected lots. Stay calm, follow the signs, and let us know if there is anything we can do to make it more clear. From Parking Lot 2, follow the path (look for our signs) leading from the north end of the parking lot to the stage. If you are using an internet map service, you can enter the address below. As you near your destination, keep an eye out for our signs, which will direct you to parking and the festival stage. THIS ADDRESS WILL NOT WORK for GPS coordinates: your system will get you to the park, but please read the above directions carefully. There is no physical address for the site. However, the very nearby ranger station is: 4730 Crystal Springs Drive, 90027 Closest GPS location:[masked],[masked] IF YOU NEED disabled access, please call the ISC office at (818)[masked] for more information.