If the name of this group appealed to you then I doubt you need paragraph after paragraph describing what an introvert is. You know what the general perception of you is and that it tends to be far from the truth. Exhibit A: the first Google search result for "definition of introvert": noun: 1. a shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person. Really, Google?! You were doing OK until you described us as "self-centered"...
If you're on this site it's because you're looking to meet new people, and for introverts that can be a scary endeavor. I'll admit up front that I joined this site more than two years ago and I haven't attended an event yet. If this sounds like you let's change that together. My hope is that by clearly defining our age range and the types of activities we will be partaking in we will attract like-minded individuals who have common interests and passions, which will lead to meaningful connections. I also plan on mixing things up in an effort to not let the group get monotonous. Boston is a fun city which merits exploration in lieu of hanging out at the same coffee shop, bar, or bowling alley. A sampling of potential events:
• Restaurant meetups, with an emphasis on culinary offerings (I am a foodie) in a comfortable setting. Perhaps do them in a variety of series? (international, adventurous, seasonal, restaurant week, brunch, tapas, dessert)
• Bar/coffee shop meetups in small groups (4-6 people) in a laid back environment that is conducive to conversation
• Wine tastings, brewery/distillery tours
• Movie meetups - more cerebral movies instead of blockbusters (indie/foreign/art house), with the occasional must-see 3D movie (Boston Common, Coolidge Corner, Kendall Square, Harvard Film Archive, Brattle Theatre, Somerville Theater)
• Concerts - more intimate venues/jazz clubs (MFA, The Sinclair, Paradise Rock Club, Brighton Music Hall, The Middle East, Cafe 939, Orpheum Theatre, Club Passim, Regattabar, Symphony Hall, Berklee Performance Center) instead of large, loud, crowded venues
• Lectures (Harvard, MFA)
• Comedy shows (Wilbur Theatre, Laugh Boston)
• Sporty activities (snow tubing, ice skating, bowling, hiking)
• Sporting events (Red Sox, Celtics)
• Museum/aquarium outings
• you get the idea...
Please Note: this group is meant for those between the ages of 20-39. Membership will be limited to those that fall within this age range. For those who fall outside that range I appreciate your interest but hope you will join and participate in other groups that are targeted at your demographics and interests. If you feel none exist I would suggest you create one.
Code of Conduct: I ask that you please be respectful to me, our other members, and the businesses/vendors we interact with (e.g. servers, business owners, etc.). Rudeness or behavior that makes other members uncomfortable will not be tolerated and you will be removed from the group. If you encounter such behavior please let me know as my goal is to preserve a comfortable and friendly environment.
New Members: if you submit an incomplete profile or have a profile picture that isn't of you (nature, animal, etc) then your membership request will be declined
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Friday, May 13, 2016 7:15 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:45 PM
Friday, May 27, 2016 5:30 PM
Saturday, June 25, 2016 2:00 PM