addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

20s & 30s Ski & Snowboard Group Message Board › Manning Park/Hemlock Valley - any good?

Manning Park/Hemlock Valley - any good?

A former member
Post #: 2
Hey all,
I am wondering if the above mentioned smaller slopes are any good?
Just looking for a change....But want to know it they are worth the visit/drive..?
Thanks
David L.
user 12648513
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 16
I havn't been to these, but am willing to check them out :)
A former member
Post #: 3
I don't have a car but would be happy to rent one. After all I am sure they can be done in a day trip.
Anyway, we me know...
Will
user 72608002
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2
Never heard of this place until you mentioned it. Did some research and found out it's a 3 hrs drive each way from Vancouver to Manning Park. 34 runs sounds pretty good to me. I'm pretty interested in checking this place out. I got a vehicle but not sure how I would hold up on the return drive.
A former member
Post #: 11
Manning park is along highway 3. I think it takes about 3.5 hours to get up there from Vancouver. Its about an hour from Hope. It is definitely an early day start and you would need 4x4 or good snow tires to get up there I would think. I think they still have their old chair lifts up there too - makes it kinda cool. It is definitely worth it for something different from Vancouver for cross-country or downhill.
It has been a while since being to Hemlock as well. I think they seem cheaper for a full day from the looks of it.