May 4th Update:
1) If you are parking at my house and taxing down with the group, please have CASH and arrive no later than 11:30 if you have VIP tix or 12:15 if you have General Admission tickets. All tickets are will call, and the GA line will get long - have your ID ready! The Malloy Wine Bar's address is 7 Hickory Street, Fort Washington MD 20744.
2) Anyone at the event, the Wine Lovers will meet outside the ticketed area at 2pm on the Tasting Room's patio.
3) For those planning to relax at the house after the event, PLEASE bring food and beverages to share - I'll have a couple of lasagnas (one cheese and another sausage & cheese) and cheese & crackers, but please bring food and beverage to share.
**April 29th Update: Since everyone will arrive at various times and spread out, the Wine Lovers as a group will meet at 2pm at the Tasting Room's patio deck outside the ticketed area (it overlooks the venue) - this is especially good for the newer Wine Lovers joining us for the first time!**
It's time again for the 6th Annual incarnation of the Wine and Food Festival at National Harbor, a world-class Potomac waterfront culinary, wine and beer event! Bringing together world-renowed chefs, artisanal craftsman and culinary pioneers with thousands of Metro DC foodies, this event will also include plenty of local and regional music acts!
The group did this event in past years, and we highly recommend you do the VIP ticket, lots lots more option for food and drink...and VIP tickets will SELL OUT. http://www.wineandfoodnh.com/
For those interested in carpooling together, the group will meet at my house, just two miles away, plenty of parking. We'll take a taxi down and back, and then finish off the fun day at my house with a deck party. Trust me, a taxi ride and relaxing time at the house after is MUCH better than a DUI, and parking will be a bear at National Harbor that day.
Call/text me for the Malloy Wine Bar's address.
Closest Metro is Eisenhower (Yellow) and King (Yellow/Blue)
VIP ADMISSION & TASTING GLASS: $85 Advance Only These are limited and will SELL OUT. Access to the show from Noon - 6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass & lanyard, unlimited samples of all beverages, one extra hour of sampling, goodie bag (for the first 1000 on-site each day) and all performances and cooking demos. Guests will also be offered DISCOUNTED admissions (10% OFF) to the wine dinners and specialty tastings. Access to VIP pier with special restaurant tastings from Noon - 4pm. Access to special VIP lounges and washrooms. Special VIP ONLY Tastings include daily Sunset Closing Party on the VIP Pier from 5pm - 6pm.
GENERAL ADMISSION & TASTING GLASS: $37 advance (online)/$45 on-site Access from 1pm–6pm. Includes a souvenir wine glass, unlimited samples, all performances and cooking demos.
• Over 150 Different Wines, Beers, and Spirits in an ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-TASTE affair
• Wines and More Wines. Last year we tripled our selections. This year, we are offering more of the same with great departures into Italian vertical tastings, French sections, a salute to Grenache, and many more fun win-eaux experiences. We pour bottles that range in retail value of $8.99 - $349+.
• More covered seating under the big tents.
• Over 25% larger floorplan with more pavilions, an extended pier and more live music.
• A special craft beer tasting BIER GARTEN experience will give guests something they don’t get at other local wine festivals.
• The Whiskey & Bourbon Experience Lounge offers a relaxing setting complete with hand rolled cigar demonstrations for guests.
• Revamped, renewed and refreshed VIP pier experience with more food and more easily accessible restrooms. The wonderful restaurant tastings will be from Noon - 4pm and then the VIP pier is host to the Sunset Closing Party each evening for your last call.
• The Tasting Theater is electric and kenetic with activity with hands-on cooking demonstrations and wine pairings that offer fun for all guests.
• Local, regional and national recognized chefs converge to offer meet and greets, book signings and demonstrations throughout the event.
• Live music, entertainers, and so much more!