Fellow Wine Lovers!
It's time to look ahead to June & July with 18 events already planned for June and 11 for July! WOW, busy time for the group! And a number of other **big summer events** planned too, like a beach day, camping , festivals and concerts . Sooooooo...here's the highlights of some of our events we've got scheduled over the next couple of months:
- Wine Trips - Wine & Waves is an all-inclusive day trip to Nassau Valley Vineyards & Rehoboth Beach for just $35 with an overnight hotel or beach house option. Plus we've got an overnight camping event following some visits to Maryland wineries in July, and our 3rd Annual Charlottesville wine-and-camping event planned for September (not into camping? We have a Charlottesville day trip option, or there are cabins!).
- Wine Happy Hours - Right now, June and July have a few different happy hours scheduled, one at National Harbor’s Public House for a Pig Roast on the patio, one at Brixton in Logan Circle, one at Screwtop in Arlington, and one at the rooftop bar at Eventide. A few others are in the works, but we would love to have a couple of Wine Lovers out there host a happy hour, so please talk to us if you're interested - happy hours are very easy to set up and a lot of fun to host! Check out our Trivia Team too!
- Winery Trips & More - June and July are the heart of winery season, and many trips to wineries are scheduled! June has trips to Barrel Oak Winery, Breaux Vineyard and Elk Run Vineyard Annual Jazz Fest, as well as Nassau Valley Vineyard in Delaware! July already has Rappahannock, Narmada and Pearmund Wineries, plus Breaux’s Key West Fest and Gray Ghosts 19th Anniversary, Sugarloaf Mountain and others in the works!
- Events & Concerts - LOTS of wine events going on - Jazz in the Garden, even camping ! Wine and Waves, Tarara’s Taste of the Tunes Concerts, Train at Jiffy Lube and fun with Tegan & Sara at Merriweather Post. Oh, and don’t forget Bastille Day! We’ll close out July with an outdoor showing of Goonies!
- Charity Events – interested in hosting a charity event to raise money? Happy hours are a great way to do this, and we are happy to help!
- Food & Wine – A PRIVATE Italian Dinner and wine pairing with celebrity chef Roberto Donna. Brunch at Mad Fox Brewing Company. 16th Annual Cajun Fest and Greek Food & Wine Fest all are in June, as well as the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival at National Harbor. July has the 9th Annual Key West Festival and BBQ, Bluegrass and Wine at Sugarloaf Mountain Winery. And always more on tap! Plus, we’re starting a food sharing event in June
Even though we keep growing (a few wine lovers short of 11 now!), our events are "sized right" for us, keeping the events smaller so everyone has a chance to meet each other and enjoy the group setting. Also, for RSVP'ing to events, make sure you actually can attend...don't sign up if you're not sure. We've had lots of "last minute" drop-outs to events with wait lists, and it doesn't allow those on the wait list time to get to events, hurting the group overall.
Don't hesitate to talk me or to any of our Assistant Organizers if you have an idea for an event or even want to host one. We are always looking for places to hold events and looking for new Event Organizers, in DC, MontCo, NOVA, PG Co, as well as Baltimore, Annapolis, F'burg, Charlottesville and beyond!!
Also, our sponsors are what keep us going, so make sure you check out Think Photography for affordable photography available to members (10% off!). In addition, our group has a number of perks available, just for mentioning the 20s & 30s Wine Lovers Meetup, so check out the Melting Pot in Reston, Iris Lounge in Tysons and Swirl&Sip, and our newest perk with Michael J Cavanagh Wine Events. All the Membership Perks are located to the left-side of your screen on our home page.