Sarah
saritonin
Group Organizer
Troy, NY
Post #: 29
This is for books I consider to be too "new" and thus too hard-to-find (at libraries or cheap) for now. Feel free to add on if something new comes out that you are interested in!
Sarah
saritonin
Group Organizer
Troy, NY
Post #: 33

• The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone--Especially Ourselves by Dan Ariely (Jun 2012)
  • Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (Jan 2012)
  • Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson (Apr 2012)
  • The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg (Feb 2012)
  • Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's by John Elder Robison (Sep 2007)
  • The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester (1998)
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (1953)

Karen
user 7140913
Troy, NY
Post #: 42
I was going to suggest Look Me in the Eye for nonfiction. It's an excellent read. There is a bit of a disconnect if you've read Running with Scissors, since the parents John Elder Robinson had were younger and saner than the ones depicted in Running with Scissors.

Devil in the Details: Scenes from an Obsessive Girlhood by Jennifer Traig is hilarious. It's about scrupulosity, a religious form of OCD.

Sarah would hate Fresh Off the Boat, but it's super interesting. The first part is straight forward humor and his sense of alienation, but then the book slides into his other bad behavior and his opinions about assimilation and America.

Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah MacDonald is very interesting. She moves to India as an atheist, has a near death experience, and ends up exploring a bunch of religions.