1. Who was your favorite character? Least favorite?
2. In what ways is Tristran influenced by those around him? How does he receive help from family members or strangers that he meets?
3. Many characters are after the fallen star including Tristran, the three brothers, and the witch. What allows Tristran to achieve his goal and not the others?
4. How does Stardust imitate the structure of a fairy tale?
5. Compare the target audience for The Graveyard Book and Stardust. Can these books be enjoyed by a wide age range? Why or why not?
6. What qualities make Stardust a romance book? What differentiates Stardust from other romance novels? Will you read this genre again?
Hopelessly crossed in love, a boy of half-fairy parentage leaves his mundane Victorian-English village on a quest for a fallen star in the magical realm. The star proves to be an attractive woman with a hot temper, who plunges with our hero into adventures featuring witches, the lion and the unicorn, plotting elf-lords, ships that sail the sky, magical transformations, curses whose effects rebound, binding conditions with hidden loopholes and all the rest.