New Haven Area Bibliophiles Message Board › Left Hand of Darkness Synopsis/October Book Suggestions/Spelling Bee

Left Hand of Darkness Synopsis/October Book Suggestions/Spelling Bee

mark l.
user 9971393
Rochester, NY
Fellow bibliophiles,

Thank you for those who attended last night's discuss The Left Hand of Darkness.  It was a great to hear your impressions of the novel.  Please send me your suggestions for next month by the end of the day Friday, October 5. You can do so by replying to this email (mlufkin43@gmail.com) or use the contact us button on the left hand side of the website (http://www.meetup.com...­ I will set up the poll on the website.

Also, this fall (Friday, October 26th to be exact) NH Reads is hosting their first ever fundraiser -- a community spelling bee, which is something that has been really successful in the surrounding area (i.e.., Guilford and Hartford).

The Bee will use an existing model for adult teams of three who compete together on stage in “swarms” in the initial rounds. The winners of each “swarm” then go on to compete in the final round.

The local business community has stepped up to sponsor the event, and they have a wonderful set of local celebrity judges and hosts for the evening.  They are working on filling swarms to reach the goal of 40 teams. If anyone is interested in representing the New Haven 20s and 30s Book Club. Please let me know.   I rely on spell check so am not a candidate for this:-)

See you at the end of the month!

Warmly,

Mark