May 11, 2014 · 10:15 AM
Meet in Rosslyn. Bike to Shirlington VA for lunch at Aladdin's Eatery on 4044 Campbell Ave, Arlington, VA 22206. We are biking the Arlington Loop (Map: http://www.bikearlington.com/tasks/sites/bike/assets/File/Arlington-Loop.jpg) and ending back at Rosslyn.
After the ride (pending weather), the plan is to go for a hike after at Theodore Roosevelt Island (http://www.nps.gov/this/planyourvisit/upload/TRI-Brochure.pdf). It's off the Mount Vernon trail. Websites say the trail is 1.7 miles around the island. Seems like a casual short hike. If you just want to join for the bike and not the hike, feel free, just make sure to let someone know before you part.
Pace will be casual (less than 15 mph).
11- Get to Shirlington and eat
12-1- Get back to rosslyn
RSVP and the Waitlist
To help keep the group manageable for both Organizers and resaurants, the ride is limited to 15 people. Please be sure to update your RSVP if plans change and you cannot attend so that folks on the waitlist can confirm their spot prior to the day of the ride.
Things to bring:
1. A helmet. You will not be allowed to participate without one.
2. A lock for your bike. Theodore Roosevelt Island does not allow bikes, so we will have to lock them and walk over to the island.
3. Cash. It makes paying the check so much easier.
4. If you want to join the hike, bring good walking shoes instead of your clip shoes.
5. The island is an easy hike. Bug spray wouldn't hurt.
Note: As cycling is an inherently high-risk activity, you will be expected to sign a waiver of liability to participate.