Help, Help, Singles! Homeless Teens Need Supplies! Dinner Mixer Charity Event
Wednesday January 30th, 2013
50 North Restaurant
[masked]th Ave NE #100 Seattle, WA 98105
Free Event with Donation
Have you ever wanted to make a difference in your community?
Do you want to help the less fortunate?
Teen Feed. org has contacted us asking for emergency help for their homeless teenagers that are trying to turn their lives around. Since many of us do not have the time to dedicate full time to volunteer, I thought an easy and successful way for us to help is by putting together a singles mixer and instead of charging a cover for the event, we would like everyone to donate items needed for the teens in transition. We found a location that donated their space for free and is even making a donation as well! This is a great way to meet new singles friends that also enjoy giving with their heart, time and money. We will be enjoying dinner, conversation and we really want you be a part of this change and connection.
This event is open for all to come and mingle and make a difference in our community. Since we are not charging a cover for this event, it would be great if we all spent $20 or more on supplies needed. Bring them together and see how we all can make a huge difference.
Here is the list of what Jason from TeenFeed asked from us:
- Warm Clothing (great way to clean your closet) (sweaters, pants, long sleeved shirts, jackets)- Bring a bag full from your closet if available.
- 100 Pairs of socks (try to bring at least 3-5 bags of socks for women and men size 7+)
- Warm Gloves (try to buy atleast 5-8 pairs depending on price)
- Toiletry (travel size preferred: Shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, feminine products) ( Try to buy atleast 10-20 of each)
- If you are unable to buy items but would will still like to donate cash and check donation table will be available at the mixer.
- If we have at least 20-40 people bringing items, we should reach all of our donation goals.
Thank you for being a change in our community!
See you there!
Confirm Your RSVP Here so we save a seat at the dinner table:
If you unable to make this event but would like to be a part of future events like these please go to www.ThreeStepDating.com
Teen Feed works with the community to offer support to meet basic needs, build strong relationships, and ally with homeless youth as they meet their future off the streets. With the tremendous support of the community, Teen Feed responds to the most basic needs of homeless youth with three programs: Teen Feed, Street Talk Outreach Program (STOP), and Service Links for Youth (SLY).
Thanks to your partnership in 2011 Teen Feed:
Opened its doors to 30 – 70 youth each night
Offered over 13, 200 nutritious meals to hungry youth
connected with over 690 individual youth in need
worked with over 600 volunteers, who donated over $66,000 in food