Aug 27, 2009 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
*** Great day for a charity happy hour, see you tonight! ***
UPDATE #5: Drink specials are $4 Amstels, $5 20s & 30s Asian Superstar, and $6 house wine until 8pm!
UPDATE #4: Looks like this will be a good one! So spread the word, come on out, meet new people, and help support a good cause! And again, I encourage everyone to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE!
UPDATE #3: Our charity, Asian American Success is a unique and valuable organization working with students to help them achieve their full potential. AASuccess needs help to provide students with educational workshops, scholarships, develop community awareness and support, and internships. Find out how you can make a difference...
UPDATE #2: The UNA-NCA YPIC Asia-Pacific Committee, the Fun Korean & Culture, the NOVA Chinese Language, and the Chinatown Community Cultural Center will be there! So spread the word, come on out, meet new people, and help support a good cause!
UPDATE #1: The Washington Area Japanese Culture Group, Vietnamese Professionals, OCA-YP, and OCA-NOVA will be joining us as well! -- Okay, it's time for our next young Asian professionals happy hour!
Spread the word, mix and mingle with new and familiar faces, have some fun, and help support a good cause!... suggested $5 - 10 donation. We'll be benefiting Asian American Success, a non-profit organization with the mission to create an environment where professionals and students learn from each other and exchange resources...
http://aasuccess.org/... Please note 80% of proceeds will go to AASuccess, the remaining 20% will go to the 20s & 30s Asian group to cover Meetup fees and expenses. The groups that will be joining us:
20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group
Washington Area Japanese Culture
UNA-NCA YPIC Asia-Pacific Committee
Fun Korean & Culture
NOVA Chinese Language
Chinatown Community Cultural Center DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy beats for us. Our happy hours typically bring out 100 - 200 people, and I wouldn't be surprised with a similar turnout this time around. For those that haven't been there before, Modern features low couches, a deep sunken bar surrounded by ottomans, and shimmering white curtains. See www.modern-dc.com. To help continue the friendly tone of this group... I'd like to again encourage everyone to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE at this event. Also, 20s & 30s Asian Rockstars, please help make all the newcomers feel welcome to our group! - J.T. -- Closest Metro is Rossyln (Orange and Blue lines), ~15 minute walk across Key bridge. I suggest metro / cabbing it (esp. during rush hour), recommend using
wmata for travel plans. -- Photos from our last happy hour...