Old Rag Mountain hike in the Shenandoah National Park is one of the most popular hikes in the mid-Atlantic region. The panoramic views are SPECTACULAR!!!
- There's a little bit of rock scrambling toward the end of the trail, which requires good upper body strength.
- Wear sturdy shoes that can support your ankles during rock sliding and rock hopping.
- If the trail is wet, we will not hike this trail because wet rocks are slippery and dangerous.
- Length: 9.6 Miles
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Elevation Gain: 2510 feet
What to bring & wear:
- Lunch, snack, and water
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Hiking poles.
- Camera/Phone (trust me u'll enjoy the view!)
- 8:00am Meet in Vienna Metro North Parking Lot/Discuss Carpool
- 8:30am Leave
- 10:15am Arrive at the Trailhead
- 4:15pm Complete the hike (6 hours including lunch break)
- 6:00pm Back in VA
- gas money for the driver ($5-10)
- entrance for park (it's $15,20 per car)
Sponsored by Birthday Calendar Pal! The best FREE app for remembering birthdays and posting ecards to Facebook.