You are invited to join us for a dragon boat pre-race celebration! Over 60 teams have registered to participate in the annual DC Dragon Boat Race in May! The paddlers have worked really hard to train for the race. Let's celebrate their hard work and teamwork. Come meet the paddlers, fellow teammates, and new friends! There will be lots of fun activities to fundraise for the Outa Sight Dragons, DC's very first blind dragon boat team. In collaboration with the DC Council of the Blind, we aim to raise funding to cover all costs throughout the race for the Outa Sight Dragons. This is their first time out on water, so let's welcome them to the sport of dragon boat racing by coming out and having some fun! You will go home with some good laughs for sure!
- Door prizes & raffles.
- Blind present auctions with items worth up to 50 dollars.
- Donate to DARE! Your wish is our command. Make a friend dance on stage or squawk like a chicken...we’ll fulfill your wish or your money back guarantee! (Everything requested must be legal.)
Food Specials: (until 7:30PM)
- $1.25 (selected Nigiri pieces) - $3 Appetizers:
(Japanese steamed soybeans) --- Spicy Chinese Ravioli
(Northern Chinese pork dumplings in spicy garlic dipping sauce) --- Vietnamese Spring Rolls
(Ground pork, taro roots, rice vermicelli & mushrooms wrapped in rice paper then fried) --- Summer Rolls
(Shrimp, cilantro, lettuce, mint leaves, basil & rice noodles wrapped in rice paper) --- Crab Wonton
(Fried wonton stuffed with crabmeat, cream cheese & herbs) --- Gyoza
(Japanese style dumplings, served steamed or fried. Choice of vegetable & soy protein or shrimp) Drink Specials: (until 9:00PM)
- Draft Beer
- $2.50 (Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Samuel Adams Seasonal, Miller Lite, Bass Ale, Ichiban, Yuengling) - Small Sake
- $2.00 - Large Sake
- $4.00 - Melon Ball
- $4.00 (vodka, melon liquor, orange juice, Sprite) - Woo Woo
- $4.00 (vodka, peach schnapps, cranberry juice) - Bullionaire
- $4.00 (vodka, Red Bull Energy Drink, cranberry juice, orange juice) Come support a good cause and have fun! All proceeds will go towards supporting the Outa Sight Dragons, with leftover funds supporting the purchase of a new dragon boat. Spread the word, INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS!
Groups that will be joining us: - DC Council of the Blind - All Dragon Boat Festival teams - DC Dragon Boat Club - NAAAP-DC - OCA - DC/MD/VA Taiwan Meetup - 20s and 30s Going Out Meetup - 20s and 30s Asian Going Out Meetup - Washington Chinese Language Meetup Our celebration will last until 10PM, after which the party will keep going with the regular crowd! Due to alcohol being served, age 21+ only. We need volunteers to help with handing out name tags and selling raffle tickets in 30 minute increments, starting at 7:00pm. We also need a few people who can work the crowd to lead the Donate to Dare activity. If you would like to help out, please contact Anna at anna.fortunecookie [at] gmail [dot] com with your preferred timeslot. Volunteering is a great way to meet new friends!
** Cafe Asia is Metro accessible via the Rosslyn stop, on the orange/blue line. For those driving, street parking and nearby garages are available.