*** WE ARE SOLD OUT, *NO* TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR AND NO RESOLD TICKET TRANSFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4PM (AS MENTIONED IN THE "TICKET RESELL" SECTION OF THE EVENT POSTING). GREAT NIGHT TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR, SEE YOU TONIGHT!! ***
*** If you are looking for the general admission ticket, please click here ***
• Just a reminder, we will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation as a backup. When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the Paypal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver's license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your Paypal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please take a moment to log into your Paypal account (it will say "Welcome, [your account name]" at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you don't know it, or you give the wrong name, you will not be able to get in! If you are RSVP'd under someone else's payment, please use that name for check-in.
• *Everyone* needs to present a valid photo ID at check-in and to verify you are of drinking age. (21+)
• Metro will be closing at 2am. SoberRide,[masked] (TAXI), is offering free taxi rides (up to $30)
• Lastly, and most importantly, for your own safety and others, please know your limits! We are committed to responsible drinking, so don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those over intoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. Please don't be *that* person that ruins the night for everyone else. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
UPDATE #6: The $760 table price has ended and the table price is now $820. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #5: There are less than 5 $760 table spots left and the price will increase from $760 to $820 when the $760 table spots are gone or by Wed. Dec. 18th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Sun. Dec. 15th. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
UPDATE #4: The $700 table price has ended and the table price is now $760. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #3: We've been able to extend the early bird price! The first 5 paid table sign-ups, or those who pay before Thurs. Dec. 5th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, the table price will go to $760. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
UPDATE #2: There are less than 5 early bird tables left and the price will increase from $700 to $760 when the early bird spots are gone or before Sat. Nov. 30th (whichever comes first).
UPDATE #1: The venue has agreed to give those with tables their own separate check in area. There is only one set of escalators going down, so you may have to wait in line one level down, but once you get past that, you will be able to bypass the "general" checkin line. They've also granted those with tables a 15 minute earlier check in time (so 9:15pm)!
In addition to everything listed below for the general admission ticket, get your own dedicated table reserved for your own group (6 max per table), with your own wait staff getting you drinks... so no lines! Your own separate event check-in area, 15 minute earlier check-in time, complimentary champagne bottle and party favors are also included.
Tables are limited, so sign-up early! Early-bird ticket price is only $700 for the first 5 paid table reservations, or those who pay before Sat. Nov. 30th (whichever comes first). After early bird table tickets are gone, prices go up to $760, then to $820.
Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Please note, for check-in, everyone in your party must arrive and check-in together as a group.
See you there!
Join us for our annual New Year's Eve celebration!
As a joint event with the "mainstream" 20s & 30s Going Out Group, I've rented out the entire Grand Hyatt Independence Ballroom for us for New Year's Eve (9:30pm - 2am)! If you've never been there before, Grand Hyatt is an upscale full-service hotel centrally located in the trendy Penn Quarter near popular local attractions (see Hotel section below for a great room rate for our members only!). The Independence Ballroom features 20 foot ceilings, modern architecture, and up to 17,000 square feet of space for us to celebrate. See pictures of the venue at the bottom of this posting!
For those that wish to meet up, hang out, and celebrate with other members of the 20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group, let's congregate in the far back right corner of the ballroom (next to the DJ stage).
Our ticket price includes:
Premium open bar ALL night to include:
• Beefeater Gin
• Skyy Vodka
• Jim Beam Bourbon
• Canadian Club Whisky
• Bushmills Irish Whiskey
• Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
• Cruzan Light Rum
• Hennessy VS Cognac
• Johnny Walker Red Scotch
• Amstel Light
• Yuengling Lager
• House red & white wines
• (Beverage vendor reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
Live entertainment featuring:
• "Roaming” illusionist performing unique, stimulating magic to intrigue your senses
• Fortune teller to see what 2014 holds for you
• Caricature sketch artist for your 2013 party face
Multiple hors d'oeuvres buffets to include (served until 11:30pm):
• Penne pasta served with craft Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, and slivered garlic with Parmesan cheese and bread sticks
• Fusilli pasta with Arrabbiata sauce made from tangy tomato sauce, herbs, and chili peppers. Served with shaved Parmesan cheese, infused chili oil, and Itialian striata bread
• Selection of baby carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and cucumber with seeded lavosh crackers, sliced French baguette, homemade pita chips accompanied by chipotle hummus, house made ranch and pimento cheese dip
• (Caterer reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
And all this while Exclusively Entertainment's DJ Pedram gets us shaking our tail feathers in a journey through time from the 80s, 90s, 00s, and today! DJ Pedram spins it all... mash-ups, dance, top 40, hip hop, house, you name it... and has performed at some of the hottest clubs in DC including Lima, Fur, Ultrabar, and Love. Matter of fact, this will be his 5th straight year helping us ring in the new year! See video from last year's event below!
Other NYE events advertise one bartender for every 75 patrons, and that's what we actually did last year. Based on comments from our members (yes, we publicly allow and listen to them), we're doing better than that with one professional bartender for every 60 patrons! Additionally, there are no bartender gratuities or coat check fees! Bartender tips and coat check fees are included in our ticket price... a $10 - $20 value.
There will be party favors in preparation for the NYE countdown and midnight celebration... which of course, will include a midnight champagne toast!! Based on comments from last year, I've ensured with the beverage vendor the champagne table will be placed in the front of the ballroom (rather than the back of the room) this year.
DRESS CODE is black tie optional. So dress to impress! For gentlemen, this means jacket and tie or tux. For ladies, cocktail or formal dress. For all, creativity is encouraged! So don’t be afraid to get funky, MTV Music Award-like with your attire! This event is 21+ only!
Tell your friends, come on out, and let's let loose with a night of dancing, music, drinks, and fun while ringing in the new year!
And in case you missed it, check out photos and comments from our 2012 - 2013 New Year's Eve event.
See you there!
P.S. As a shout out to our sponsor Exclusively Entertainment, if you are ever in need of an event planner for weddings, corporate functions, private parties, etc., I highly recommend them. There's a reason we keep using them for our New Year's Eve event year after year, for the past four years!
I scored us $129 rooms / suites (ordinarily sold to the general public for $170) at the Grand Hyatt, for our group only, for this night only! Enjoy the in-room 42" plasma TV, the 5 in-hotel restaurants and bars, the heated indoor swimming pool, and the unbelievable lobby / atrium area of this luxury hotel. There are limited spots, so get them while you can. Click here to reserve!
Metro and Parking
Closest Metro stop Metro Center (Red / Orange / Blue lines). We also recommend using wmata.com for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage.
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
Please follow the instructions below for making payment (if payment by smartphone doesn't work, please try your computer). Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Most of our events do sell out, so we recommend you secure your spot online early. If you make payment for less than the current ticketed price without prior correspondence, your RSVP will be removed.
1. Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
2. Enter the number of guests coming and click "Finish RSVP"
3. Click "Pay Now" at the top of the event posting near the ticket price per person
4. Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
5. If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
6. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
We will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation as a backup. When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the Paypal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver's license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your Paypal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please take a moment to log into your Paypal account (it will say "Welcome, [your account name]" at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you are RSVP'd under someone else's payment, please use that name for check-in.
Refund Policy & Ticket Resell
Since we paid in advance for this event, all sales are final unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. I suggest posting in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Work out payment between yourselves, and send us an email letting us know the full name and Meetup profile URL (if a member) of the person taking your spot. The seller must notify us by email before the RSVP close date / time (4pm, Tues. Dec. 31st) listed above. Thanks for understanding. =)
To keep drink lines moving as efficiently as possible and to be fair to everyone, we have a 1 drink per person at-a-time policy for open bar. You may order multiple drinks at once, but each person it goes to must be present in line. The beverage vendor will permit shooters (those with a mixer; e.g. Kamikaze), but not shots (straight liquor; e.g. tequila).
You must be of legal drinking age (21+) to attend this event. We are committed to responsible drinking and behavior, so for your own safety and others, please know your limits! Don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We've put significant measures in place, and hired first rate security to help see the success of our event to the very end. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those overintoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
Grand Hyatt Washington
Photos from our previous New Year's Eve events
This event is sponsored by EXCLUSIVELY ENTERTAINMENT Your #1 choice in Professional Entertainment for Weddings | Private Parties | Corporate Events | DJs | VJs | MCs | Bands | Musicians | Dancers | Event Planning & Production