*** Event is sold out! Great night to ring in the new year, see you there! ***
- Unless you emailed us directly, all tickets will be held under the name of the person who paid for the tickets. The name on the list will be the name on the Paypal account or credit card used.
- *Everyone* needs to present a valid photo ID at check-in to verify you are of drinking age.
- Coat check service will be available for $2. Please bring correct change for faster processing.
- Per DC liquor law, *NO* tickets can be sold at door.
- Remember to TIP YOUR BARTENDERS! We have recruited some phenomenal bartenders to help us, who could be working elsewhere tonight, esp. on New Year's Eve, so please make sure you show your appreciation!
- Spherical artwork from painter Paula Crawford is on display for our enjoyment. Read her intriguing story here... http://files.meetup.c.... Please be careful around the artwork... any damage will come out of your own pocket.
- Metro will be closing at 3am. SoberRide,[masked] (TAXI), is offering free taxi rides (up to $30). Street parking is limited. See here for local parking garages... http://files.meetup.c.... Please call them to verify their NYE hours.
- Lastly, and most importantly, for your own safety and others, please know your limits! We are committed to responsible drinking, so don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those over intoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. Please don't be *that guy* that ruins the night for everyone else. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
... UPDATE #2:
We've been featured by columnist Whitney Peach of the Examiner!... http://www.examiner.c...
and listed in the December issue of On Tap magazine's New Year's Eve Party Guide (first page of article). UPDATE #1:
The early bird ticket price ends Tues. Nov. 30th to the first 200 paid signups (whichever comes first). -- Join us for our annual New Year's Eve celebration!
We've rented out the entire Long View Gallery for us for New Year's Eve (9pm - 2am)! If you've never been there before, Longview is a contemporary art gallery with an upscale, urban feel... a sort of hip, industrial meets modern clean space. It features 20 foot ceilings, modern lighting, and has over 5000 square feet of room for us to celebrate! See pictures of the venue at the bottom of this posting! Our ticket price includes:
- 4.5 hour premium open bar ALL night (last call 1:30am) to include: to include:
- Beefeater Gin
- Bacardi Light Rum
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Skyy Vodka
- Luksusowa Vodka
- Seagram's 7 Whiskey
- Cuervo Gold Tequila
- Amstel Light
- Yuengling Lager
- House red & white wines
- Live entertainment featuring:
- "Roaming” illusionist performing unique, stimulating magic to intrigue your senses
- Fortune teller to see what 2011 holds for you
- Caricature sketch artist for your 2010 party face
- Multiple hors d'oeuvres buffets to include:
- Selection of fine American and imported cheeses to include soft-ripened Brie, Dutch Gouda, imported goat cheese, and creamy Havarti. Presented with a fruit and nut garnish, imported crackers and baguettes
- Warm artichoke dip made from artichoke hearts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon. Served warm with baked corn tortilla crisps
- Crudités to include a colorful variety of seasonal vegetables accompanied by dill and mustard dip. The selection may include baby carrots, broccoli florets, red peppers, and grape tomatoes
- Hummus featuring a traditional dish of ground chickpea blended with tahini and lemon juice. Served with toasted pita triangles
- Old-fashioned creamy onion dip made with sour cream, caramelized vidalia onions, shallots, and chives. Served with assorted grissini.
- Mixed salted nuts
- Chocolate hazelnut artisan rolled wafers and an assortment of Lindor truffles
- (Caterer reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
And all this while Exclusively Entertainment's DJ Pedram
gets us shaking our tail feathers in a journey through time from the 80s, 90s, and 00s! DJ Pedram spins it all... mash-ups, dance, top 40, hip hop, house, you name it... and has performed at some of the hottest clubs in DC, including Lima, Fur, Ultrabar, and Love. We will have 7 - 9 professional bartenders and 4 - 6 bartending stations... so no long lines! We'll hand out party favors to all in preparation for the NYE countdown and midnight celebration... which of course will include a midnight champagne toast!! DRESS CODE
is black tie optional. So dress to impress! For gentlemen, this means jacket and tie or tux. For ladies, cocktail or formal dress. For all, creativity is encouraged! So don’t be afraid to get funky, MTV Music Award-like with your attire! Space is limited, so sign-up early! Early-bird ticket price is only $75 for the first 200 signups, or until November 30th (whichever comes first). YES, $75!!! These economic times have been challenging, so it's our pleasure to present an alternative to those annoying $100 - $200 ticket price NYE events. After early bird tickets are gone, prices go up to $85, then to $95. So RSVP early... because these spots go fast! Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, if you receive a Paypal receipt, then that is confirmation that we have received your payment. Tell your friends, come on out, and let's let loose with a night of dancing, music, drinks, and fun while ringing in the new year! See you there! - J.T. P.S. Please note this is a joint event between the 20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group and the mainstream 20s & 30s Going Out Group. -- Metro
Closest Metro stop is Mt Vernon Square / 7th Street Convention Center. We also recommend using wmata
for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays. Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
- Select your RSVP options, then click "RSVP for this Meetup" button above
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
Since we've paid in advance for this event, and since there are limited seats, all sales are final. Hopefully you understand we can't have people canceling and requesting a refund, when that spot could have been filled by others. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Just work out payment between yourselves, and send us an email letting us know who will be taking your spot. Thanks for understanding. =) Open Bar
To keep drink lines moving as efficiently as possible and to be fair to everyone, we have a 1 drink per person at-a-time policy for open bar. You may order multiple drinks at once, but each person it goes to must be present in line. Be Responsible
You must be of legal drinking age (21+) to attend this event. We are committed to responsible drinking and behavior, so for your own safety and others, please know your limits! Don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. Last year, the actions of an unfortunate few (overintoxication, fistfights) caused the venue to require us to stop serving alcohol, and shortly thereafter, the early termination of our New Year's Eve event an hour and fifteen minutes early at 12:45am. This year, we've put significant measures in place, and hired first rate security to help see the success of our event to the very end. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those overintoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. Please don't be *that* guy from last year. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened. --
-- This event is sponsored by EXCLUSIVELY ENTERTAINMENT Your #1 choice in Professional Entertainment for Weddings | Private Parties| Corporate Events | DJs | VJs | MCs | Bands | Musicians | Dancers | Event Planning & Production