*** It's a great day to see some horse racing! See you there! ***
UPDATE #4:There are still 5 spots left, so you may claim a spot by arriving early with exact cash. Also, there are usually 5 no-shows for this event, so you just might be able to join us. Make sure to come early with exact cash.
UPDATE #3: We will meet at the clubhouse entrance (up the ramp to the glass doors). I'll be the one with a red balloon! For PARKING, YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT OUT the parking pass here... http://files.meetup.com/214400/horse%20track%20parking.pdf ... and present to the parking attendant. Yes, I got us complimentary VIP valet parking! My cell no. will be emailed to the YES rsvps the morning of. See you there!
UPDATE #2: The early-bird price has now ended and the ticket price is now $30. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #1: There are 10 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $25 to$30 before Saturday, March 12th. To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Friday, March 11th. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
Ok, it's time for a day-at-the-races!
Let's experience the exciting and colorful performance of thoroughbred racing! I've made special arrangements with a popular horse racing venue in Maryland, for a day-at-the-races! On this all day visit, we'll get:
- Our admission fee waived
- Reserved seating for our group only
- Live program
- "Winning Techniques Introduction on How to Bet" lesson
- Races named in honor of our group
- Food and drink coupons good at any concession stand
- Tour of the paddock area where the horses are saddled and shown before their race
- Trip to the winner's circle
- Group photo taken with the winning jockey!
We've got an early bird special for this event of only $25 (the price of cover charge at some lounges / clubs)! The first 30 paid sign-ups, or those who pay before Saturday, March 12th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that it will go up to $30. Secure your slot by rsvp'ing yes *and* making payment! Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Come join us as we spend a fun day with others watching our favorite thoroughbreds!
P.S. Please note this is a joint event with the "mainstream" 20s & 30s Going Out Group.
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
- Select "Count Me In" button above
- Enter the number of guests coming, agree to the refund policy, and click "Ok"
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
Since we've paid in advance for this event, and since there are limited spots, all sales are final. Hopefully you understand we can't have people canceling and requesting a refund, when that spot could have been filled by others. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Just work out payment between yourselves, and send us an email letting us know who will be taking your spot. Thanks for understanding. =)