*** It's a great day for MBA shopping! See you this afternoon! ***
UPDATE #1: This event is more of an opportunity for us to meet and network with those heading up MBA programs (rather than it being a "traditional" Meetup, in the sense that we meet and "do" something together). As such, there really is no plan for the event on my end, other than what QS World MBA Tour (the host of the event) has on the agenda. They approached me with this offer, and I felt it would be a good thing to pass along to our members who might be interested. Don't forget, for free admission, you must follow the instructions listed in the event posting below!
Have you ever wanted to pursue your MBA?
If so, this fair will give us access to numerous top business schools. I've made special arrangements with the host of this event, QS World MBA Tour, to give our members only FREE admission (normally $15 at the door) by following the directions near the bottom of this posting.
This is our chance to meet with some of the world's top business schools from around the world. At this fair, we'll be able to:
• Find out about MBA scholarships
• Apply for $1.7 million of exclusive MBA scholarships to help us fund our MBA offered by a range of business schools (only available to fair attendees)
• Speak face to face with Admissions Directors from top local and international business schools
• Obtain personalized advice about our business school application
• Network with and ask questions to Ivy League MBA Alumni members from Wharton, Harvard and Dartmouth
• Speak with GMAT test-prep representatives to get hints and tips on the GMAT
• Impress the people who make the decision about our MBA application
• Benefit from pre-fair career panels for advice on what to do after our MBA
• Attend Connect 1-2-1 forum to find information about a range of top business schools.
• Attend an Executive MBA forum to find out suitable study options for professionals with six or more years of work experience
• Discover the difference between full time, part time and Executive MBAs
Participating business schools include, but not limited to:
• George Washington University - School of Business
• American University - Kogod School of Business
• University of Maryland - Robert H Smith School of Business
• Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School
• Virginia Tech - Pamplin School of Business
• College of William and Mary - Mason School of Business
• Temple University - Fox School of Business
• Carnegie Mellon University - Tepper School of Business
• Arizona State University
• Vanderbilt Univ. - Owen Graduate School of Management
• Rice University - Jones Graduate School of Management
• University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign MBA
• University of Rochester - Simon School
• Boston University - School of Management
To receive FREE admission (for our group only) you must do ALL of the following:
• Register at this site http://goo.gl/bu9Vo9 and answer the registration questions (it looks more intimidating than it is... also disregard the entrance fee listed - we get in free!)
• RSVP here
• Print out this page that shows your RSVP, and bring with you
Hope to see you there!
P.S. Members who have attended this event in the past have suggested using a "junk" email address when registering as some of the schools do not seem to adhere to unsubscribe requests.
Metro and Parking
Closest Metro is Judiciary Square (Red line). We suggest Metro / cabbing if you can (esp. during rush hour). We also recommend using wmata.com for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro, traffic, and parking delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage.