*** See you tonight! ***
UPDATE #5: Drink specials include $4 Yuenglings and $5 "20s & 30s Asian Green Dragon" drinks!
UPDATE #4: Looks like this will be a gooood one... so spread the word, come on out, and mix and mingle with new and familiar faces!... and again, I encourage everyone to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE.
UPDATE #3: I don't know if it's the weather or what, but I'm really excited and looking forward to our happy hour next week! Also, we'll be fundraising for MVMA's GAPS program!
UPDATE #2: DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy music for us!
UPDATE #1: UNA-NCA YPIC Asia Pacific and the Fun Korean Culture & Language will be joining us as well!
Looove the month of May, not too hot, not too cold, juuuuust right! Time to get together for our next young Asian professionals happy hour! So spread the word, mix and mingle with new and familiar faces, have some fun, and help support a good cause!... suggested $5 donation. We'll be benefiting MVMA's (Maryland Vietnamese Mutual Association) GAPS (Golden Age Project for Seniors) program, a program which helps seniors navigate resources provided by the government. MVMA's mission overall is to serve, support, and advance the Vietnamese American community. Please note 80% of proceeds will go to the MVMA's GAPS program, the remaining 20% will go to the 20s & 30s Asian group to cover meetup fees and expenses. The following groups will be joining us so far: .
20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group .
Vietnamese Professionals .
OCA-YP (Org. for Chinese Americans, Young Pros) .
OCA-NOVA (Org. for Chinese Americans, Northern VA) .
JET AA-DC (Japanese Exchange Teaching) .
CCCCDC (Chinatown Community Cultural Center) .
Northern VA Chinese Language .
NOVA Korean Language Exchange .
UNA-NCA YPIC Asia Pacific .
Fun Korean Culture & Language (Let me know if you know of any other groups that wish to join!) DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy beats for us. Our happy hours typically bring out 100 - 200 people, and I wouldn't be surprised with a similar turnout this time around. For those that haven't been there before, Modern features low couches, a deep sunken bar surrounded by ottomans, and shimmering white curtains. See www.modern-dc.com To help continue the friendly tone of this group... I'd like to again encourage each person to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE at this event. - J.T. -- Closest Metro is Rossyln (Orange and Blue lines), ~15 minute walk across Key bridge. Suggest metro / cabbing it (esp. during rush hour), recommend using
wmata for travel plans. -- Photos from our last happy hour at Pasha Lounge...