*** See everyone tonight! ***
UPDATE #4: Drink specials include $4 Yuenglings and $5 "20s & 30s Asian Green Dragon" drinks!
UPDATE #4: Looks like this will be a gooood one... so spread the word, come on out, mix and mingle with new and familiar faces, and help support a good cause!... and again, I encourage everyone to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE. Also, the MD / VA / DC Tagalog / Filipino Language and DC / VA / MD Asian Party Scene groups will we co-hosting as well!
UPDATE #3: We'll be fundraising for GILAS, a Filipino youth NGO aiming to promote information literacy!
UPDATE #2: DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy music for us!
UPDATE #1: DC APA Film will be joining us as well! -- Okay, it's time for our next young Asian professionals happy hour!
Spread the word, mix and mingle with new and familiar faces, have some fun, and help support a good cause!. . . suggested $5 donation. We'll be benefiting GILAS, a Filipino youth NGO aiming to promote information literacy by helping to provide Internet access, training, and maintenance to high schools in the Philippines. Please note 80% of proceeds will go to GILAS, the remaining 20% will go to the 20s & 30s Asian group to cover meetup fees and expenses. The following groups will be joining us so far: .
20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group .
Vietnamese Professionals .
OCA-YP (Org. for Chinese Americans, Young Professionals) .
OCA-NOVA (Org. for Chinese Americans, Northern VA) .
CCCCDC (Chinatown Community Cultural Center) .
Fun Korean Culture & Language .
UNA-NCA YPIC Asia Pacific .
Indians Socializing Over Drinks And Sports .
Northern VA Chinese Language .
DC APA Film .
MD / VA / DC Tagalog / Filipino Language .
DC / VA / MD Asian Party Scene (Let me know if you know of any other groups that wish to join!) DJ Teng will be spinning loungy groovy beats for us. Our happy hours typically bring out 100 - 200 people, and I wouldn't be surprised with a similar turnout this time around. For those that haven't been there before, Ultrabar features a unique blend of classic architecture and modern amenities. See www.ultrabardc.com To help continue the friendly tone of this group. . . I'd like to again encourage each person to have a GOAL OF MEETING 3 NEW PEOPLE at this event. - J.T. -- Metro Center (Red, Orange, Blue lines) is 3 blocks away and Gallery Place / Chinatown is 2 blocks away. Suggest metro / cabbing it (esp. during rush hour), recommend using
wmata for travel plans. -- Photos from our last 3 happy hours. . .