20s & 30s Asian Going Out Group Message Board Event Ideas? › More Ideas: Drama/Anime Night, English Conversation Practice

More Ideas: Drama/Anime Night, English Conversation Practice

A former member
Post #: 128
At Dim Sum Brunch, I briefly talked with a few members about live action dramas and anime. I am not sure if there is a lot of interest in both of those within the meetup. If there is, an event idea could involve hosting a Drama/Anime night if we can find an agreeable venue. Dramas could be a little tricky though since they can be hard to find and I have also heard that Korean Dramas (an interest of mine) tend to be very long series.

A second idea I brought up after Dim Sum Brunch was to do a small "after party" when we have an event such as a dine-out. By after party, I mean things like going to a pool hall to shoot pool, a bowling alley to bowl for a few rounds, a karaoke studio, or of course, a nearby bar (if everyone really would like to do that).

My last idea is kind of a community service-oriented thought: For six years, I have been working with ESL Students from various parts of East Asia. I was kind of dragged into it while I was studying at my university. I'm not sure how many of the meetup's members would also be ESL students, but if anyone is looking for a conversation partner, an English conversation practice group would be cool. In the past, I have helped students with speaking English and also any homework assignments they would have for English classes they are taking or TOEFL preparation classes.