2201 N Windsor Dr, Arlington Heights, IL
Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival
July 27, 2013
Lake Arlington, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Admission: FREE for spectators.
Start Time: Races will run from approximately 8:00am - 4:00pm
Event Site Map: 2013 site map to come stay tuned.
Be a part of the 2nd Annual Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival, held at Lake Arlington Park, in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The combination of the culture of Chicago and the spirit of dragon boating guarantees participants and spectators truly one-of-a-kind racing experience. One highlight of the weekend is the opportunity for teams to battle for bragging rights as the best crew in your industry!
● Over 1,000 participants and 1,500 spectators
● Minimum three (3) races per team
● Multiple race divisions include BCS, Open and Women's division races
● Specialty and Industry Challenge Cups (i.e. public services, breast cancer survivors, Crossfit/Sport industry)
● World class boats, equipment with electronic timing
● Lots of awards and great fundraising prizes
● Support a local charity
● Large Athletes’ Village
● Vendor /Exhibitor Village & Food Concessions
● Health & Wellness Zone
● Dragon’s Nest Kids Zone
● Live entertainment
● Free Parking and Shuttle
GROWING THE DRAGON BOAT SPORT IN CHICAGO:
Each year, GWN produces more than 40 dragon boat events which raise millions of dollars for community and charitable partners. GWN offers start-to-finish event management services, corporate team-building experiences, social marketing initiatives, premier training camps, and equipment sales and leases.
Team registration fee: $40/person
NOTE: I am putting together a roster of 20 for a recreational mixed crew (minimum of 8 females) for this event. I have some friends and members from Lincoln Park Boat Club (LPBC) participating on this team. Hopefully I could find a few extra people looking to try out dragon boat racing.
Sue Chan email: [masked]