Welcome to the 20s & 30s Food & Wine Group!
We are a spinoff of the original 20s & 30s Going Out Group. I started up this group after much success with the cooking classes and wine tasting events of the 20s and 30s Going out Group. The 20s and 30s Food & Wine Group is a community of young professionals in the DC metro area that get together a couple times a month for cooking classes, wine tastings, food and wine pairings, and other wine and culinary events.
Our events will be scattered throughout DC, MD and NoVA, and we will try to accommodate everyone. If you have an idea for hosting an event in your neck of the woods, just say the word! Singles and couples are welcome and bringing friends along is ALWAYS encouraged!
So come join us! We'd love to have you as a part of the group. Please provide a photo of yourself when you join so that we know who you are when you come out to join us for an event!!! Thanks!
Hope to meet everyone soon!
Do you host events outside of the District, such as Maryland or Virginia?
- We host events throughout the DMV (District-Maryland-Virginia) area. A good chunk of our events are held in DC-proper, near a Metro where possible, since it *is* the central location and is most fair to everyone. But we do mix it up with events in VA as well as MD.
If I'm unable to attend an event, can I get a refund?
- Unfortunately, since we pay in advance for a lot of our events, and since spots are limited, and as mentioned in all of our event postings, all sales are final. Hopefully, you understand we can't have people canceling and requesting a refund when that spot could have been filled by others. We get a *lot* of refund requests, and the process of refunding money to everyone that requests it, for as many members as we have, and as many varied events as we need to keep track of, is extremely challenging on our end.
If I'm unable to attend an event, can I sell my ticket to someone else?
- Absolutely. We suggest posting in the "Talk about this Meetup" comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Then, if someone agrees, work out payment between yourselves, and let us know who will be taking your spot.
I'm not in my 20s or 30s, can I still join?
- Our group is for people who *feel* like they're in their 20s and 30s, so as long as that's the case with you, we'd love for you to be a part of our group! The only caveat is, of course, if you are under 21, you will not be able to attend any alcohol related events and you must be of legal age (18 years old) to attend any event.
I was able to Google myself, how can I protect my privacy?
- You are free to use any name as your "Meetup" name... a nickname, just your first name, a fake name, etc. You are also free to upload any picture as your profile pic (or none at all). So for example, if you use a fake name and no picture, then no one should be able to determine who you really are when they find you via Google. Just go here to make the changes... www.meetup.com/account.