*** It's a great day to kick some butt! See you there! ***
UPDATE #4: There are still 2 spots left, so you may claim a spot by arriving early with exact cash. Also, there are usually 3 no-shows for this event, so you just might be able to join us. Make sure to come early with exact cash.
UPDATE #3: The early-bird price has ended and the ticket price is now $20. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #2: We've been able to extend the early bird price! The first 30 paid sign-ups, or those who pay by Thurs. Sept. 11th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, the ticket price will go to $20.
UPDATE #1: There are 10 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $15 to $20 when the early bird spots are gone or by Sun. Sept. 7th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Sun. Aug. 31st. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot (see the "Payment Instructions" section of the event posting). If you've already made payment, the Paypal email you received is confirmation that we've received your payment (no need to email me asking for ticket confirmation). I hope to see you there!
Let's learn how to box!
I have recruited two great coaches... Mark Zhang, a certified USA boxing coach with 25 years experience, and Leo Rossiter, a former amateur standout who has produced several State and Golden Gloves champions, to show us the in's and out's of boxing. Join us for this informative, interactive, and fun 2 hour introductory session and hands on (yes, HANDS ON!) clinic as we:
• Learn how to master the basics skills on both offense and defense
• Learn proper punching, combinations, and strategies
• Learn proper stance, footwork, and slipping / ducking, etc.
• Learn a plethora of advanced techniques
• Develop hand-eye coordination and improve our reflexes
• Get a good cardiovascular workout
We are privileged to have as our coaches:
• Mark Zhang will teach us defense, and is a licensed professional boxing trainer and certified USA boxing coach, referee, and judge, he has 25 years experience in athletic training and competition. Mark is a former amateur and professional boxer and is a two division NABC-US National champion. He has fought in two televised shows in Las Vegas. He has also served as the chief sparring instructor for the Jue Tao Martial Arts Center and has been a guest speaker at the National Boxing Training Center in China. He is the creator of the video series "Boxing's First Comprehensive System" and currently trains boxing for the Overthrow cage fighting team.
• Leo Rossiter will teach us offense, and is a certified USA boxing coach and a licensed professional boxing trainer in several states. Reaching a number two ranking as a light heavyweight in the South Atlantic, he was trained by and fought under the renowned Mack Lewis of the Baltimore Athletic Association. Leo's body of work among the fighters he's trained include eight state championships, five golden gloves championships, and 2 "best fighter of the tournament" awards. His motto is "boxers don't start losing until they leave me!"
From 4:30 - 5pm we'll check people in, then from 5 - 6:30pm we'll get started. Our class consists of lecture and lessons, followed by hands-on training where we'll take turns practicing our new skills, and getting tips from Mark and Leo on techniques. We'll be learning at an actual boxing gym, where amateur and professional boxers train. This is the real deal and about as authentic as it gets! Please wear comfortable athletic clothing... no gloves, wraps, or equipment necessary.
We've got an early bird special for this event of only $15 (the price of an entrée at many restaurants)! The first 25 paid sign-ups, or those who pay before Sun. Sept. 7th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, the ticket price will go to $20. We have a LIMITED number of spots so make sure to RSVP early AND make payment to secure your spot and get the early bird price! To make payment, please follow the steps in the "Payment Instructions" section of the event posting.
Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Come join us, tell a friend, and let's have a great time learning all about boxing. Hope to see you there for this fun, informative, and interactive class!
If you need a ride, I suggest posting in the comment box below. Likewise, if you can offer a ride, please also post in the comment box with number of people you can accommodate.
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
Please follow the instructions below for making payment (if payment by smartphone doesn't work, please try your computer). Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Most of our events do sell out, so we recommend you secure your spot online early. If you make payment for less than the current ticketed price displayed without prior correspondence, your RSVP will be removed.
1. Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
2. Enter the number of guests coming and click "Finish RSVP"
3. Click "Pay Now" at the top of the event posting near the ticket price per person
4. Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
5. If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
6. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
We will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation as a backup. When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the Paypal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver's license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your Paypal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please take a moment to log into your Paypal account (it will say "Welcome, [your account name]" at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you are RSVP'd under someone else's payment, please use that name for check-in.
Since we paid in advance for this event, all sales are final unless the event is canceled or rescheduled. If the event is canceled, you will receive a full refund. If the event is rescheduled, an UPDATE will be posted at the top of the event posting, and the UPDATE will also be sent as an email to the yes RSVPs. A full refund will be given to those that let us know within 3 calendar days of the UPDATE email if you are unable to make the new date. No refunds will be given after that time. Thanks for understanding. =)
Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. I suggest posting in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Work out payment between yourselves, and have the seller only send the organizer a "message" through their Meetup profile (do not comment in the comment box of the event posting) letting us know the full name and Meetup profile URL (if a member) of the person taking your spot. You must let us know by the RSVP close time of [INSERT TIME] on the day of the event.