*** It's a great day for personal MBA meetings! See you this evening! ***
UPDATE #1: This event is more of an opportunity for us to meet with admissions directors from top business schools (rather than it being a "traditional" Meetup, in the sense that we meet and "do" something together). As such, there really is no plan for the event on my end, other than what QS Top MBA Connect (the host of the event) has on the agenda. They approached me with this offer, and I felt it would be a good thing to pass along to our members who might be interested. Don't forget, for free admission, you must follow the instructions listed in the event posting below!
Would you like to meet face-to-face with admissions directors from the world's top business schools for personal 30 minute one-on-one sessions?
I've made special arrangements with the host of this event, QS Top MBA Connect 1-2-1, to give our members FREE admission by following the directions near the bottom of this event posting. This great opportunity provides us with a tailored schedule of 30 minute face-to-face meetings with admissions directors from the world's top business schools. Register for a unique opportunity to get the customized attention we need in our MBA search.
By attending, we get:
• Face to face meetings with business school admissions directors
• Tailored personal schedule of 30 minute meetings based both on ours and the schools criteria.
• In-depth information on a variety of MBA programs
• Registration entitles us to a free consultation from their team of MBA experts
• Access to scholarships worth $1.7 million, available exclusively to QS Connect 121 attendees
• Copenhagen Business School: A number of scholarships are available each year, awarded based on need and merit. Value: - up to 30% of tuition
• The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine provides all international and U.S. applicants are automatically considered for merit-based fellowships, criteria for fellowships include academic record (GPA), GMAT/GRE, work experience and leadership
Participating MBA schools include, but not limited to:
• American University - Kogod School of Business
• University of Maryland - Robert H Smith School of Business
• Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School
• Temple University - Fox School of Business
• Vanderbilt University - Owen Graduate School of Management
• University of California - Irvine-Merage School
• University of Miami - MBA Programs
• University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign MBA
• The University of Manchester
• Hult International Business School
To receive FREE admission (for our group only) you must do the following:
1. Register at this site http://goo.gl/CfrLO0 and answer the registration questions
2. RSVP here
3. Print out this page that shows your RSVP, and bring with you
See you there!
P.S. Members who have attended this event in the past have suggested using a "junk" email address when registering as some of the schools do not seem to adhere to unsubscribe requests.
Metro and Parking
Closest Metro stop is Metro Center (Red line). We suggest Metro / cabbing if you can (especially during rush hour). We also recommend using wmata.com for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro, traffic, and parking delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage.