*** Once you RSVP, an exact event link to ticketmaster.com will be provided for you to make payment. Please follow the remaining steps in the payment instructions section below ***
UPDATE #7: Online purchases close at 5pm. If you are unable to secure a spot online, there will still be tickets available for sale at DAR Constitution Hall's box office (opens at 9pm). See you there for a fun night of dancing, music, drinks, and new and old friends while ringing in 2012!!
- Tickets purchased on Monday, December 19th through the time of the event will need to be picked up at Will Call at DAR at 9pm on the day of the event. Please bring a copy of your confirmation receipt. If (and only if) there are tickets left, they can be purchased at the box office on the day of the event beginning at 9pm. IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR TICKET YET please call[masked] to confirm your ticket can be picked up at Will Call. Will Call tickets CAN NOT be sold to anyone else. Only the person who purchased the tickets can pick them up from Will Call.
- *Everyone* needs to present a valid photo ID at check-in to verify you are of drinking age (21+).
- Metro will be closing at 3am. SoberRide,[masked] (TAXI), is offering free taxi rides (up to $30). Street parking is limited. The Colonial garage at 1800 G St. NW will be open until 2am for our event!
- Lastly, and most importantly, for your own safety and others, please know your limits! We are committed to responsible drinking, so don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those over intoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
UPDATE #5: We've been featured by columnist Whitney Peach of the Examiner! http://www.examiner.com/dc-bartender-in-washington-dc/meetup-com-s-new-year-s-eve-at-dar-constitution-hall and listed in the December issue of On Tap magazine's New Year's Eve Party Guide http://files.meetup.com/214400/ontap%20-%20nye%20-%202011.pdf.
UPDATE #4: The $90 price has ended and the price is now $100. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #3: The $90 ticket price will end before THIS Saturday, December 17th! To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Friday, December 16th. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
UPDATE #2: The early-bird price has ended and the price is now $90.
UPDATE #1: The price will increase from $80 to $90 before Wednesday, November 30th.
Join us for our annual New Year's Eve celebration!
We've rented out the entire DAR Constitution Hall lobbies for us for New Year's Eve (9pm - 2am)! If you've never been there before, DAR Constitution Hall houses the largest concert hall in Washington DC and is only a few blocks from the White House. Originally built in 1929, it is a Registered National Historic Landmark. The large ivory toned U-shaped parlor features 20 foot dome ceilings, classic architecture, and over 10,000 square feet of space for us to celebrate. We even get access to the lower lobby area. See pictures of the venue at the bottom of this posting!
Our ticket price includes:
- Premium open bar ALL night to include:
- Plymouth Gin
- Bacardi Light Rum
- Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Absolut Vodka
- Cirrus Vodka
- Makers Mark Whiskey
- Cuervo Gold Tequila
- Amstel Light
- Yuengling Lager
- House red & white wines
- (Beverage vendor reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
- Live entertainment featuring:
- "Roaming” illusionist performing unique, stimulating magic to intrigue your senses
- Fortune teller to see what 2012 holds for you
- Caricature sketch artist for your 2011 party face
- Multiple hors d'oeuvres buffets to include:
- Selection of fine American and imported cheeses to include soft-ripened Brie, Dutch Gouda, imported goat cheese, and creamy Havarti. Presented with a fruit and nut garnish, imported crackers and baguettes
- Crudités to include a colorful variety of seasonal vegetables accompanied by dill and mustard dip. The selection may include baby carrots, broccoli florets, red peppers, and grape tomatoes
- Hummus featuring a traditional dish of ground chickpea blended with tahini and lemon juice. Served with toasted pita triangles
- Mixed salted nuts
- Chocolate hazelnut artisan rolled wafers and an assortment of Lindor truffles
- (Caterer reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
And all this while Exclusively Entertainment's DJ Pedram gets us shaking our tail feathers in a journey through time from the 80s, 90s, and 00s! DJ Pedram spins it all... mash-ups, dance, top 40, hip hop, house, you name it... and has performed at some of the hottest clubs in DC including Lima, Fur, Ultrabar, and Love. Matter of fact, this will be his 3rd year helping us ring in the new year!
Other NYE events advertise one bartender for every 75 patrons. We're doing better than that (and also from our own year's past) with one professional bartender for every 65 patrons... so no long lines! Additionally, there are no bartender gratuities! Bartender tips are included in the ticket price (a $10 - $20 value). In fact, our beverage vendor will not permit their bartenders to accept tips.
We'll hand out party favors to all in preparation for the NYE countdown and midnight celebration... which of course will include a midnight champagne toast!!
DRESS CODE is black tie optional. So dress to impress! For gentlemen, this means jacket and tie or tux. For ladies, cocktail or formal dress. For all, creativity is encouraged! So don’t be afraid to get funky, MTV Music Award-like with your attire! Coat check will be available. This event is 21+ only!
We are required to go through ticketmaster.com for this venue. Some of you know Ticketmaster can charge up to ~$20 in fees for ticket purchases. Well, we've worked it out so that we will only need to pay just 1/3 of that! Once you RSVP, you will be provided with an exact event link on where to make payment.
Space is limited, so sign-up early! Early-bird ticket price is only $80 for the first 250 paid sign-ups, or those who pay before November 30th (whichever comes first). YES, $80!!! It's our pleasure to present an alternative to those annoying $150 - $200 ticket price NYE events.
After early bird tickets are gone, prices go up to $90, then to $100. We've sold out in advance each of our previous 3 New Year's Eve events! So RSVP early... because just like Halloween, these spots go fast!
Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Tell your friends, come on out, and let's let loose with a night of dancing, music, drinks, and fun while ringing in the new year!
And in case you missed it, check out photos and comments from our 2010 - 2011 New Year's Eve event.
See you there!
Closest Metro stop Farragut West (Orange and Blue lines) approximately 5 blocks away. We also recommend using wmata for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays.
- Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
- Enter the number of guests coming and click "rsvp"
- You will be provided an exact Ticketmaster event link for making payment. Go there and make payment
- Once payment has been made at Ticketmaster, and so that we can track properly, you must come back to our website, answer the remaining question, and click "Submit"
- Ignore the default meetup message that states you still owe money
Since we paid in advance for this event, all sales are final unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Work out payment between yourselves and the ticket exchange. Will Call tickets (those purchased Mon. Dec. 19th or later) CAN NOT be sold to anyone else. Only the person who purchased the tickets can pick them up from Will Call. Thanks for understanding. =)
To keep drink lines moving as efficiently as possible and to be fair to everyone, we have a 1 drink per person at-a-time policy for open bar. You may order multiple drinks at once, but each person it goes to must be present in line.
You must be of legal drinking age (21+) to attend this event. We are committed to responsible drinking and behavior, so for your own safety and others, please know your limits! Don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. Outside alcohol will not be allowed into the event. We've put significant measures in place, and hired first rate security to help see the success of our event to the very end. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those overintoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
Video from our 2010 - 2011 New Year's Eve event at Long View Gallery
DAR Constitution Hall
Photos from our previous New Year's Eve events
Tickets at ticketmaster.com, or to charge by phone, call[masked]
This event is sponsored by EXCLUSIVELY ENTERTAINMENT Your #1 choice in Professional Entertainment for Weddings | Private Parties| Corporate Events | DJs | VJs | MCs | Bands | Musicians | Dancers | Event Planning & Production