*** It's a great day to tour some Virginia vineyards! See you there! ***
UPDATE #4: There are still 3 spots left, so you may claim a spot by arriving early with exact cash. Also, there are usually 5 no-shows for this event, so you just might be able to join us. Make sure to come early with exact cash.
UPDATE #3: We'll meet at the top of the escalators at the Ballston Metro.We will check people in at 10:30am and the bus will leave PROMPTLY at 11am and return approximately 5 - 5:30pm (depending on traffic). Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays. Also, a couple of notes...
- I HIGHLY recommend you pack a lunch, as most wineries only sell cheese and crackers for food.
- It's completely optional, but please consider tipping the bus driver a couple of bucks. It's a long trip, and I'm sure s/he will welcome the show of appreciation.
UPDATE #2: The early-bird price has now ended and the ticket price is now $60. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #1: There are 9 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $50 to $60 when the early bird spots are gone or before Sun. May 13th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Sun. May 6th. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
Ok, this one's for the wine lovers in our group... or anyone who wants to enjoy and learn all about wine!!
I've reserved a charter bus for us, and will make special arrangements with 2 or 3 different wineries, for a Sunday bus winery tour! So far, we will be visiting Aspen Dale Winery and Cobbler Mountain Cellars!
We'll have our very own chauffeur taking us from vineyard to vineyard, then back home again safely! Detailed itinerary to be provided when we meet up. Some of you may know that Virginia is considered the "NAPA Valley of the East," so... Let's experience Virginia's beautiful landscape as we taste local wine flavors along the way. During this relaxing all day spring tour, we'll:
- sample some of the best regional wines from unique and different vineyards
- learn about the wine making process
- spend over an hour at each winery
- walk through the vineyards, and tour the barrel rooms
- nibble on cheese and crackers
- take in scenery as you enjoy your new favorite wine
- bring your own lunch or...
- purchase winery's breads, cheeses, and jams for a picnic while you're there
- sit back and relax on your way home!
We are also eligible for discounts on wine bottle purchases!... and wine tasting fees *are* included in your ticket price! Lunch is not, so we *highly* recommend you pack a couple of sandwiches.
We've got an early bird special for this event of $50! The first 40 paid sign-ups, or those who pay before Sunday, May 13th (whichever comes first) get the early bird price! After that, it will go up to $60. Secure your slot by rsvping yes *and* making payment!
Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Come join us as we spend a pleasant and relaxing day amongst other wine lovers from our group!
We'll meet up at Ballston Metro (Orange Line). I recommend using wmata for travel planning. We will check people in at 10:30am and the bus will leave PROMPTLY at 11am and return approximately 5 - 5:30pm (depending on traffic). Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays.
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
Please follow the instructions below for making payment. Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Most of our events do sell out, so we recommend you secure your spot online early.
- Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
- Enter the number of guests coming and click "rsvp"
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
Since we paid in advance for this event, all sales are final unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Work out payment between yourselves, and send us an email letting us know who will be taking your spot. Thanks for understanding. =)