*** It's Winter... LET'S HAVE FUN on the Snow! ***
Stay fit and beat the winter blues with this exciting and well-organized snowshoe/ cross-country ski DAY TRIP.
We will travel in comfortable highway coaches and visit a variety of resorts north of Toronto. We will go wherever the snow conditions are the best, so venues could change. The resort we will use rents both ski and snowshoe equipment, so whether you have your own gear or not, you can join us for some winter fun.
If you are a snowshoer you can team up with a friend or join a group led by a seasoned guide from The Toronto Bruce Trail Club.
Skiers – you are on your own. You can relax or ski at your own pace. Make sure you stay on marked trails and ski with a buddy. Ski lessons are available at this resort for an extra charge.
EVENT CATEGORY: Snowshoe/ Cross-country ski trip
All levels welcome. You will have a chance to learn how to snowshoe or ski at the resort.
SKI RESORT: Highlands Nordic (Duntroon) - http://www.highlandsnordic.ca/
WHAT TO BRING: Water (at least 1 L), lunch, winter boots and clothing, camera and cash for personal expenses, including equipment rentals.
RSVP requirements: You must provide your full legal name and your phone number when you RSVP, which will be used in case of an emergency. We will keep all personal information confidential.
Weather Policy: In the event of harsh weather, this trip will be cancelled, and you will get a refund for your payment.
The pick-up location is outside Miller Tavern (2 blk south of York Mills Rd on Yonge St) near the York Mills Subway Stn.
*** CLICK HERE for Google Map of the bus pick-up location ***
PRICE: $34.50 per person
• Round trip bus transportation aboard a HIGHWAY COACH BUS from Toronto
• Guided snowshoeing with a seasoned guide from The Toronto Bruce Trail Club
• $5 Adventure Pass (a-Pass) or RSVP deposit - Learn more HERE
• $1.50 PayPal transaction fee.
NOTE: Ski/ snowshoe pass and rental are NOT included, you will have to purchase them when you get to the resort. See price list below.
Cross Country Ski Trail Pass $13.00
Classic Ski Rental $17.00
Snowshoe Trail Pass $9.00
Snowshoe Rental - On Resort Use $9.00
Snowshoe on Bruce Trail $0.00
Snowshoe Rental - Use on Bruce Trail $13.00
• Members who have paid the $5 Adventure Pass (a-Pass) will get a refund when they arrive at the bus.
• If you are a member of the Bruce Trail Conservancy (BTC), bring your BTC membership card with you, and you will receive an extra $3 refund.
HOW TO PAY:
• If you use PayPal, please send your Event Fee payment of $34.50 to Walter at the following address: thats.walter(AT)yahoo.com
• OR contact Walter via Meetup to discuss a different payment method. CLICK HERE to send an Email
RSVP Deadline: Mon, Dec 30
This tour is offered by The Toronto Bruce Trail Club, an organization dedicated to the protection of the natural ecosystems of the Niagara Escarpment, and to the promotion of environmentally responsible public access to this UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.