*** WE ARE SOLD OUT, *NO* TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR AND NO RESOLD TICKET TRANSFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4PM (AS MENTIONED IN THE "TICKET RESELL" SECTION OF THE EVENT POSTING). GREAT NIGHT TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR, SEE YOU TONIGHT!! ***
*** For the 20s & 30s Going Out Group's New Year's Eve event, please click here. Note this is a separate event in the same hotel, on a different floor and ballroom. You will not be able to go from one event to the other (unless you buy tickets to both). See you there! ***
- Just a reminder, we will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation as a backup. All tickets will be held under the name of the Paypal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver's license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your Paypal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please take a moment to log into your Paypal account (it will say "Welcome, [your account name]" at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you don't know it, or you give the wrong name, you will not be able to get in! If you are RSVP'd under someone else's payment, please use that name for check-in.
- *Everyone* needs to present a valid photo ID at check-in and to verify you are of drinking age. (21+)
- Per DC liquor law, *NO* tickets can be sold at door
- Metro will be closing at 2am. SoberRide,[masked] (TAXI), is offering free taxi rides (up to $30)
- Lastly, and most importantly, for your own safety and others, please know your limits! We are committed to responsible drinking, so don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those over intoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. Please don't be *that* person that ruins the night for everyone else. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
UPDATE #4: We're selling out, New Year's Eve is right around the corner! We've also been featured in the December issue of On Tap magazine's New Year's Eve Party Guide http://files.meetup.com/1622492/30s40s.pdf. Looking forward to seeing you there!
UPDATE #3: The $89 price has ended and the ticket price is now $99.
UPDATE #2: There are 20 $89 ticket spots left and the price will increase from $89 to $99 when the $89 ticket spots are gone or before Wed. Dec. 19th (whichever comes first). To be fair to those who want to join in and are ready to make payment, I'll be removing those that haven't paid by Fri. Dec. 14th. So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
UPDATE #1: There are 35 early bird spots left and the price will increase from $79 to $89 when the early bird spots are gone or before Fri. Nov. 30th (whichever comes first). So make payment to *truly* lock in your spot.
Join us for a New Year's Eve celebration!
We've rented out the entire Grand Hyatt Constitution Ballroom for us for New Year's Eve (9:30pm - 2am)! If you've never been there before, Grand Hyatt is an upscale full-service hotel centrally located in the trendy Penn Quarter near popular local attractions (see Hotel section below for a great room rate for our members only!). The Constitution Ballroom features 15 foot ceilings, classic architecture, and up to 8,500 square feet of space for us to celebrate. See pictures of the venue at the bottom of this posting!
I've hosted this event for the 20s & 30s Going Out Group for years, and it dawned on me, why not host one for the 30s & 40s Going Out Group as well? While we may be a bit older, it's evident from just our happy hours alone, this group knows how to have more fun. ;) So let's all get together and celebrate ringing in 2013!
Our ticket price includes:
- Premium open bar ALL NIGHT to include:
- Beefeater Gin
- Skyy Vodka
- Jim Beam Bourbon
- Canadian Club Whisky
- Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
- Cruzan Light Rum
- Hennessy VS Cognac
- Johnny Walker Red Scotch
- Amstel Light
- Yuengling Lager
- House red & white wines
- (Beverage vendor reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
- Live entertainment featuring:
- "Roaming” illusionist performing unique, stimulating magic to intrigue your senses
- Fortune teller to see what 2013 holds for you
- Caricature sketch artist for your 2012 party face
- Multiple hors d'oeuvres buffets to include:
- Penne pasta alfredo served with grilled chicken, roasted garlic, and Parmesan cheese sauce
- Fusilli pasta with Arrabbiata sauce made from tangy tomato sauce, herbs, and chili peppers. Served with shaved Parmesan cheese, infused chili oil, and Itialian striata bread
- Selection of warm queso cheese dip, homemade chili, fresh pico de gallo, diced green onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped jalapenos, sliced olives, and shredded cheddar cheese. Served warm with baked corn tortilla crisps
- (Caterer reserves the right to make substitutions if need be)
And all this while DJ Nyce gets us shaking our tail feathers in a journey through time from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s! DJ Nyce spins it all... mash-ups, dance, top 40, hip hop, house, old school, you name it... and has performed at some of the hottest venues all over the world, including New York (Mansion), Las Vegas (Eye Candy), Chicago (Funky Buddha), Toronto (Guvernment), Brazil (Discotheque Help), and of course DC (Josephine, Lima, MIA). See video from last year's event at DAR Constitution Hall below for the 20s & 30s Going Out Group!
We'll have one professional bartender for every 75 patrons... so no long lines! Additionally, there are no bartender gratuities or coat check fees! Bartender tips and coat check fees are included in our ticket price (a $10 - $20 value). In fact, our beverage and coat check vendors will not permit their bartenders and personnel to accept tips.
There will be party favors in preparation for the NYE countdown and midnight celebration... which of course, will include a midnight champagne toast!!
DRESS CODE is black tie optional. So dress to impress! For gentlemen, this means jacket and tie or tux. For ladies, cocktail or formal dress. For all, creativity is encouraged! So don’t be afraid to get funky, MTV Music Award-like with your attire! This event is 21+ only!
Space is limited, so sign-up early! Early-bird ticket price is only $79 for the first 120 paid sign-ups, or those who pay before Fri. Nov. 30th (whichever comes first). YES, $79!!! It's our pleasure to present an alternative to those annoying $110 - $170 ticket price NYE events, backloaded with extra fees. After early bird tickets are gone, prices go up to $89, then to $99. So RSVP early... because these spots go fast!
Also please know that your RSVP is not guaranteed unless we receive payment. When you pay, your online receipt is confirmation that we have received your payment.
Tell your friends, come on out, and let's let loose with a night of dancing, music, drinks, and fun while ringing in the new year!
See photos and comments from our 2011 - 2012 New Year's Eve event that we hosted for our 20s & 30s Going Out Group last year.
See you there!
I got us $129 rooms / suites (ordinarily sold to the general public for $170) at the Grand Hyatt, for our group only, for this night only! Enjoy the in-room 42" plasma TV, the 5 in-hotel restaurants and bars, the heated indoor swimming pool, and the unbelievable lobby / atrium area of this luxury hotel. There are limited spots, so get them while you can. Click here to reserve!
Metro and Parking
Closest Metro stop is Metro Center (Red / Orange / Blue lines). We also recommend using wmata for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage.
Payment Instructions (Paypal account not required):
Please follow the instructions below for making payment. Payment at the door will be permitted only should the event not sell out. Most of our events do sell out, so we recommend you secure your spot online early. If you make payment for less than the current ticketed price without prior correspondence, your RSVP will be removed.
- Select "Yes" under "Will you attend?"
- Enter the number of guests coming and click "rsvp"
- Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for, click "Pay Now" button
- If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card"
- If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal
We will have a master list of all those that have paid. It’s not required, but I recommend printing out your payment confirmation as a backup. When you check-in, your RSVP will be listed under the name of the Paypal or credit card account used to make payment. Typically, this is your LEGAL name as shown on your driver's license. Sometimes, it may be under a company name if you set up your Paypal or credit card account that way. If you are not sure what it is, please take a moment to log into Paypal (it will say "Welcome, [your account name]" at the top) or your credit card account to find out. If you are RSVP'd under someone else's payment, please use that name for check-in.
Refund Policy & Ticket Resell
Since we paid in advance for this event, all sales are final unless the event is canceled or rescheduled. Similar to a concert ticket or a football game ticket, you are free to sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. I suggest posting in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Work out payment between yourselves, and send us an email letting us know the full name and Meetup profile URL of the person taking your spot. The seller must notify us by email before the RSVP close date / time (Mon. Dec. 31st @ 4pm) listed above. Thanks for understanding. =)
To keep drink lines moving as efficiently as possible and to be fair to everyone, we have a 1 drink per person at-a-time policy for open bar. You may order multiple drinks at once, but each person it goes to must be present in line. The beverage vendor will permit shooters (those with a mixer; e.g. Kamikaze), but not shots (straight liquor; e.g. tequila).
You must be of legal drinking age (21+) to attend this event. We are committed to responsible drinking and behavior, so for your own safety and others, please know your limits! Don’t drink and drive, and please be courteous towards others. We've put significant measures in place, and hired first rate security to help see the success of our event to the very end. We want everyone to have a good time, but in compliance with state liquor law, those overintoxicated, belligerent, or unruly will be removed immediately from the event and our group. As a last resort, either we or the venue will have to terminate the event should public safety be threatened.
Grand Hyatt Washington
Photos from our previous New Year's Eve events