addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

350NYC Message Board › February 17- Promotion Events

February 17- Promotion Events

Dan B.
user 9674957
Bronx, NY
Post #: 7
Hello

We are looking to pass out flyers to promote the event on Feb 17. We are looking to do this in different areas, green markets and public spaces.

Is anybody interested in participating? Do you know of a good location?

Thanks
Lorraine
Lorraine
New York, NY
Post #: 4
Hi,
when MTA-online sent me to two different wrong places last night (in search of the upcycling event), I was very happy that I had fine-tuned my long-johns combo for Feb 17th....
Ah, yet then I gave up and went home... but now I know I'm snug-ready to stand around in the cold!

An anti-austerity group I know likes college campuses for leaflet-ing (is it still called that?),
and I always see more shoppers at the U Sq farmers' market than a sane person would imagine: in January; Mon, Weds, Fri, and Sat.... I'm free 'cept Weds.
- Lorraine

PS, I'm on disability (from MS), one reason why I have SUCH time to stand around in public, and to write so much on these web pages.
PPS, are there any photos of what was done with the discarded items at UpCyCon 2013?
( UpCyCon . . . © - haha - I'll be rich)

PS, I'm on disability (from MS), one reason why I have SUCH time to stand around in public, and to write so much on these web pages.
PPS, are there any photos of what was done with the discarded items at UpCyCon 2013?
( UpCyCon© - haha - I'll be rich)
Dan B.
user 9674957
Bronx, NY
Post #: 8
Oh wow, That stinks. I wish I could of helped you get there. It was an interesting event, once people got comfortable they really got excited. good fun.

Here are some pics from their meetup
http://www.meetup.com...­

If you have twitter, type #2liferemix, some more were posted on instagram.
Lorraine
Lorraine
New York, NY
Post #: 5
Thanks for saying so, but plenty have worse stinkiness than mine!
Was that a Hungry Hungry Hippo,
or have too many TV commercials fused themselves into my brain?
Dan B.
user 9674957
Bronx, NY
Post #: 9
Ha, it was some sort of Hungry Hippo game, not the regular one. It was an OD big Hippo guy, we didn't have all the pieces so it was hard to tell what was going on. We had some other old school toys, but the hippo guy was definitely the coolest thing we had their. Somebody ripped open an old vaccum cleaner, switched the wires and made an cool decorative fan out of it.