3D Printing Group Message Board › Meetup Group Happenings

Meetup Group Happenings

Andre T.
user 78614502
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Hey Everyone,

There was another free meetup on 3D Printing layered Art scheduled for next week that I had to cancel because I'll be in Ottawa for business until Wednesday evening (day of the scheduled meetup). For anyone that was eager to hear what I was planning on talking about, it was fairly specific to the printers used at the office (Makerbot Replicator 2s). I wrote an article on the technique at 3Ders.org a while back and you can find the article here: Layered Art Article.

This being said, of the five free events that were to be hosted through this group, two of them had to be cancelled. Sorry about this. While the paid workshops are still going on with Hot Pop Factory (intro for now with more intermediate classes to follow), I want this group to be a welcome to all those interested in 3D printing.

I'm curious, if there is anyone out there in the community that wants to hear about a specific part about the printing industry and it's potential future, let me know. If you are experienced in some way shape or form in an art or specific skill in 3D printing (hobbyist or professional), let us know and maybe you can be worked into a future event.

If you are really eager to get a chance to see a printer in action in the mean time, I would recommend checking out either Site.ca or visit the Toronto 3D Printers website. There's a 3D print meetup at the last Monday of every month where hobbyists bring their printers and talk about what they've been up to in a very informal way.

Hopefully we can get a little bit of a community vibe going here!

Andre Tiemann