May 21, 2013 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
From "total newbie" to "I designed and printed this myself!"
Let's break the myth and show you how you can create you very first 3D Printed object, from scratch. And yes, you'll leave the room with it, free of charge: everything is included in the training fee.
Who is this course for?
- This class is '3D-printing 101' - everything a complete beginner needs to know about 3D-printing.
- This is an introductory course aimed at anybody who is new to 3D-printing and wants an overview of this new field.
- Whether you're young or old, novice or experienced with technology, this course is the best way to get up to speed with 3D-printing.
What does it cover?
- You will practice:
- Design your very first simple 3D object (from a blank screen)
- Initialise and set up the 3D Printer with basic settings
- Get your very first own object 3D Printed!
- You will learn:
- What is a 3D-printer? How does a 3D-printer work?
- What are the different types of printers and materials you can use?
- What can I print with a 3D-printer? Is it expensive to use a 3D Printer?
- and other FAQs
- Make sure you bring your own laptop computer
- loaded with Sketchup (free software, download here before you join the session)
- Other required software will be installed during the course.