Thursday night's 48 hour film contest Cast Meeting
For those of you competing in the 48 hour film contest on Saturday the 14th (at 7:00 am), I am sending out a summary of our Meeting and a to-do list of what we need to accomplish before our next get together Thursday, July 4.
Many of the things I am going to list are also needed for our ongoing 48-hour film and I ask that even if you are not participating in the upcoming contest that you send me pictures of locations and props so we can catalogue them and have them available for some of our shoots.
LOCATION AND TIME
We have decided to meet at the shooting location at 7:00 am.The location will be outside unless it rains.
I am working on getting us an inside location. Location is still being determined , but is likely to be chapel hill in Madison Heights.
- TO DO – Sun protection, deep woods off, and a first aid kit needs to be brought to the shoot -the day out.
- TO DO – nametags need to be brought to the shoot – the day of.
- TO DO – Tim's wife has graciously volunteered to cater for us the day of the shoot. But to take some of the expense and weight off of her, we ask that all who participate in the shoot bring something potluck. It can be as simple as a 2 L of pop or a bag of chips, but please, let's all pitch in.
- TODO -- I will birng 4 coolers and ice packs (to the next crew meeting) to be used for the shoot.
We talked about doing a brainstorming session on the genre for a couple of hours after we receive our packet.
Then the writers would take that brainstorming information and write the short.
We are also brainstorming at our crew meetings and welcome people to participate – – the more the merrier.
We are in need of good camera people and still have positions open.
We talked about doing a text space style story boarding--
- TO DO - this will require, Tim to teach it to us on our next casting meeting.
Still to be determined, how will we edit the project.
- OPEN QUESTION – Will we name files in a side room on the fly while we shoot?
- OPEN QUESTION – Will be editors all meet at one person's house, bringing their computers with them so they can edit together?
How the music is handled have been agreed upon.
- TO DO – Keith Gampbel will visit the creative Commons music site and download music for each and every potential genre. He will then Riff on the music i.e. Alter, add to, or take away from each piece to his satisfaction and provide those files to the group.
- TO DO – Christinann will put up a request for music people on Vemo to get some backup people potentially lined up If we need them.
We are still looking for an audio person for the shoot.
WARDROBE AND PROPS
we are putting together both a wardrobe and a prop database. What this means is we are asking that all 48-hour team members write a list of all the potential props, costumes, or unique clothing that they might have available in there home to be used for a short film. We will keep this catalog available and at times asked you to bring these items to a shoot so that we can have a very high budget look on a no-budget film.
- TO DO – for ALL48-hour team members please please please take the time this week to write a list of everything you own that we could use in one of our short film. If you can please take a picture of it as well and send them to me. I will catalog them with your name and contact information so that if we need them. We will call you.The night before the 48-hour film shoot our wardrobe adviser Kristina will call you and ask you what you have available to where and help you pick out your wardrobe. She will also send you an e-mail reminding you of what to bring, or where.
- TO DO – We ask that you bring a change of clothing on the day of the shoot.
Portable backup power may be required for this shoot.
- TO DO - Tim and I need to test his lighting with my solar backup power systems
CURRENT JOB LIST
This is not complete. We still need people to fill positions and determine where they are going to be for this 48-hour contest shoot -- please contact us if you are interested in filling a position. We need lots of bodies.
FOOD – Marie McCarthy
DIRECTOR – Christiane Faguboch
COSTUME AND WARDROBE – Kristina Tatta
MAKE-UP -- Jena Griz
CAMERA – Tim McCarthy
CONTEST PAPERWORK – Tim McCarthy
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Karen Lay ([address removed]) from 48 Hour Films - Detroit.
To learn more about Karen Lay, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]