48 Hour Films - Detroit Message Board › Zombie Video, Briefs and The Next Great Hit

Zombie Video, Briefs and The Next Great Hit

Charlene J.
user 8995745
Group Organizer
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Hello Filmmakers,
We had a great meeting last night.  The agenda was to determine our next project, which will be a Holiday film in order to take advantage of the snowy weather.  If anyone would like to stretch their creative arm and write a script, feel free.  Just remember the parameters are 4-7 pages in length for a 4-7 minute short film.  CMnTV studio continues to be a suitable location.  Here are some ideas on how we can use it for our upcoming story.

• Office
  • Lobby
  • Stock room
  • Warehouse
  • Nightclub
  • Living room
  • Kitchen
  • Theater
  • Outdoor (parking lot, alley, industrial road)
  • Bathroom
  • Stairs
  • Conference room
  • or we can build a set in the studio

Please send scripts to charlenejeter@gmail.com­ by January 26th for consideration.
On another note, here's the link to our zombie short film project:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J01zl16t2w­ . Most of it was done with green screen, which is very interesting to work with.  It is wonderful to experiment and to share the process with this group.  "Zombie News Report" taught us a lot.  It's not perfect, but I hope that you enjoy the finished product.
As always, I am producing my own side projects.  I teamed up with a few of our members to enter another film festival.  Check out "Not This Time" (4:33 min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpOZ6_KiwY­ . It was created in 100 hours.
The team from "Not This Time" met at the very first 48 Hour Detroit Meetup Production for "Hell's Helpline."  If you are looking to connect with filmmakers with complimentary skills, the best place to find 'em is at any of our meetings or productions.  All members are always welcome, regardless of experience level, or whether or not an impulsive decision was made to show up at the last minute.  So don't hesitate, get involved asap.
Well, good night for now and I hope to see you at our next production.
Charlene Jeter