We know our guest speaker's time is valuable, so if we don't have AT LEAST 7 PARTICIPANTS for this Meetup, we will cancel and either refund fees, or allow you to use your entrance fee towards another class or speaker! Thanks for understanding!
Part of starting to make money with your photography, comes the in's and out's of running a business. With that comes filing taxes, and accounting for your income. That opens a can of worms, that a lot of us know very little about. We decided it would be a good idea if you heard this information directly from a practicing tax professional!
Our guest speaker, Tina Wright...Accountant and Owner of Quality Accounting Services. Tina has been the owner of a small accounting business for over 21 years. Assisting small businesses with their accounting and tax needs. Tina offers a wealth of information for new business owners. She has a Masters Degree in Accounting and Finance, and has taught college level accounting classes.
Some of her abilities include:
- Manage all financials, including the annual close and income taxes for multiple small businesses.
- Handles all functions of the financial process including the budget process.
- Managed office and office staff.
- Assist and completed government contracts.
- Assisted in the start up of several companies and followed them each year thru tax preparation.
- Manage the draw process and cost tracking for contracts of new home contractor.
- Manage accounting and financial reporting for a small non-profit.
Tina will help us sort out the world of taxes, and how it relates to the business of stock photography. So come armed with your questions and concerns, because tax time is just around the corner!