5th Quarter Sports is excited to host a 2nd night of co-ed, pick-up flag football on Thursday nights starting May 9th.
The games will be played in beautiful Mission Bay Park, right off of West Mission Bay Drive as you head towards the roller coaster.
We'll set up the fields around 4:30 and start the games at 5 for those who can make it out, but feel free to show up whenever your schedule allows. We'll play until the sun sets, which is around 7:30 pm right now.
As usual, our pick-up games are open to all men and women age 18+ regardless of experience or skill level. We play 7-on-7, 8-on-8, or 9-on-9 depending on the number of players. Please visit our message board for a complete list of rules!
There is only 1 field at this location, so if we have more than 2 teams, we will played timed games to make sure everyone gets plenty of playing time.
Things you should bring or wear:
• A white t-shirt or jersey
• A dark colored t-shirt or jersey
• Shorts without pockets (to prevent finger injuries to other players)
• Cleats, turf shoes or sneakers – any of these are allowed on this field
• $5 (this goes toward field rental costs and equipment)
• A friend, neighbor, or co-worker
Things 5th Quarter will provide:
• The field, complete with sidelines and first down markers
• Footballs, flags, and other equipment
• Rules, organization, and team making
• Water, ice, and basic first aid supplies
Things you should NOT bring:
• A grey shirt (too ambiguous)
• Metal cleats
• Your psychotically competitive Uncle Rico who thinks he’s trying out for the NFL
Meetup isn't the only way we promote these events - we have a great bunch of players that come out, and we're a very welcoming group. So don't be afraid to show up no matter how many RSVPs you see.
Questions??? Feel free to post them here, or e-mail us at [masked].
Champions are made in the 5th Quarter!