9-12 Hurst Euless Bedford North Richland Hills Tea Party Message Board › Smart Meter Presentation in Lake Worth, Tues. 6:30-?

Smart Meter Presentation in Lake Worth, Tues. 6:30-?

Cindy C.
ccarriger
Group Organizer
North Richland Hills, TX
I know it's short notice, but it just came up! TUES, 17 Jan 2012, 6:30 PM -8:30 PM

I will be speaking at the Northwest Republican Club monthly meeting. There will also be another speaker presented for the evening, but I am not sure exactly when we will each be speaking. To eat, come by 6:30 or so, meeting starts at 7pm.

L O C A T I O N:

Spring Creek BBQ,
6701 Lake Worth Blvd, Lake Worth

Smart Meter Presentation – with Q&A (ALSO view or RSVP on our Ban Texas Smart Meter website)

D E T A L S :

Cindy Carriger of Ban Texas Smart Meters will be presenting "Smart Meters are Coming-Why should I care?" Presentation will last approximately 20 minutes, then we will pause for Q&A. This will be a part of the Northwest Republican Club monthly meeting. (Thanks to Nina Speairs for the invitation!)

Here is a high level list of some of the many concerns I have with these new Smart Meters:

• Invasion of Privacy-Violates the 4th Amendment
  • Possible Health Risks-EMF waves have been listed as a Class 2b Carcinogen by the World Health Org.
  • Loss of Control over your AC and other Appliances – coming with the Smart Appliances of the Future.
  • Higher electricity costs. Penalty for using electricity during peak usage times. (Mid-day and certain days of the year.)

I have spent many countless hours studying various aspects of the new Smart Meters. Sadly our legislators and regulators are ignoring many danger signs, apparently all because there is an agenda of reducing our carbon footprint, which is based on erroneous climate science. It is also apparent this is another grab for control of every person who uses electricity in their home – with these meters they can turn your electricity off with no time lapse, and when the house has appliances with the proper technology (which is already in use, and will be more widely used, and even likely mandated in the future), the utility company will be able to control the temperature of you water heater, A/C unit, stop your washer and dryer, dishwasher, adjust your refrigerator…Stop me when you've had enough!

I hope to see you there. Please come up and introduce yourself to me!

Questions or comments, I may be contacted at 817-719-7991.

Cindy Carriger