The 912 Project grew from an idea of the Glenn Beck Show called We Surround Them. It was a simple suggestion to meet your neighbors, gather at kitchen tables, meet at coffee shops or the library and talk about current events so that, as a concerned individual, you could be reassured that are not alone.
The name for The 912 Project is an interesting story in itself...
What would be the reason or goals of people gathering and sharing concerns and ideas?
If we were to gather and come together as Americans, what could be the inspiration or the feeling of pride and accomplishment that would give us a purpose and a goal?
On September 11th, our nation was in shock, in fear of what was next. We would not ride subways or elevators, we reached for our family members, friends and neighbors.
On September 12th, we automatically came together, united and strong as Americans. We dropped everything to rush supplies and offers of help and support to the people of New York.
Georgians, Texans, Floridians, Nebraskans and Iowans were compelled by, and deferred to their moral duty to help fellow Americans as Americans have always helped others.
That was September 12th, hence the name...
The 912 Project
Glenn and others decided that a set of Principles and Values would transcend and outlast any party politics that so many groups fall into.
The 912 principles and values were chosen from the 28 Principles of Liberty and Freedom, outlined in "The 5000 Year Leap" , a collection of writings from this nation's founding.
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be an honest person.
4. The family is sacred. My family and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have, I will share it with who I want. Government should not forcibly make my charitable decisions.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
9. Hard Work
11. Personal Responsibility
The 912 Project-Western Iowa is a community oriented, partisan neutral, and all volunteer organization, made up of individuals like yourself.