A Child Grows in Brooklyn Meetup Group Message Board › Developmental Play and Education Consultant available

Developmental Play and Education Consultant available

Andria A.
user 55065492
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Hello parents! I am new to this group so I would like to introduce myself....

I am a former Early Childhood Special Education Teacher. I decided to go into private practice because I love playing with children and prefer a natural, non-school environment where I can give 1-on-1 attention.

I provide private developmental play and education consulting, combining play with opportunity for you, the parents, to join in, observe, and discuss afterwards. This is also an opportunity to discuss any developmental areas of concern and any questions about children who require an evaluation for possible delays or disabilities.

You may be wondering what major milestones are coming up for your 6, 9 and 12-month old. Or children 1-2 year, or 2-3 years, you get the idea! What kinds of play are natural for that age and why are they important?

I would be available for a free workshop on Developmental Milestones and Play Activities if you can get a few parents together and can offer your home or a meeting space. Lots of families are on vacation, so perhaps in September sometime. If you have any questions or workshop topic suggestions, or want to inquire about private services, please email me.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Andria Alefhi, DPEC
Jessica G.
Kodak
New York, NY
Post #: 2
That is awesome, I would love to chat.
Andria A.
user 55065492
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 5
Actually I am giving a workshop this Thursday Oct 25 at Bija Kids in Brooklyn, free, 7-8pm. The workshop will be on play and development, please tell your group! you can go the Bija Kids website for directions, the address is 900 Fulton St.