A Living Family - Ancient Wisdom for Modern Families Message Board › Giving Thanks, Immune Support and More

Giving Thanks, Immune Support and More

Sheila P.
user 22185781
Group Organizer
Elkins Park, PA
Hi Family!
Before the holiday season comes on heavy here in a bit, I wanted to express my gratitude to you all. Some of you have been with me from the beginning. Others of you are amazing additions that have come more recently. I am grateful for you all. Please do join me on Thanksgiving day any time (truly) or for dinner around 5. I plan on doing something around Christmas as well, so keep an eye out.
If you haven't made it to a meetup and have been on the fence, take Vivian's testimonial about being glad she came out even though she felt a bit new and awkward. If you've been frustrated that none of the meetups work for you -- time or location or topic -- I invite you to click that "Schedule Meetup" button and get a time/date and/or a location that you like so people can meet you! As always, if you wish to contact me about a meetup you'd like to (have me) schedule or just because, I am love hearing from you: sheila.alivingfamily@gmail.com. In my belief, this is OUR Meetup, not my meetup. I want to make sure you feel that, too.
I also wanted to put a call out for any cooperative efforts at buying or getting things some of us need for our families. If you're into raw/local/organic honey, fermented cod liver oil or bulk elderberries, I would love to get ourselves together and put in an order through the sources I have.
HONEY
The honey call is right now. $5 per 9 oz jar if I can get more than 4. (Also - if anyone is interested in jams, jellies, salsa, and/or homemade soaps and lip balms for gifting email me because I can get a list of prices and a list of available goodies from my friend who does these products. She's where I pick up the honey.)
ELDERBERRIES + Other Immune Support
I want to make elderberry syrup. I'd love to have a meetup where we each make something and swap or get together and make something while someone wrangles I mean watches the kids. Elderberry syrup is at the top of my list. I have some great recipes for immune boosting tonics and such I would love to make enough of for all of us. I'd love to order bulk organic herbs and keep the price lower for all of us doing a bigger order/batch.
TEETH HEALING PRODUCTS
I don't want to drop anyone down the rabbit hole of tooth healing products and info, but some of us are into fermented cod liver oil, K2 supplements, magnesium and mineral supplements, tooth healing toothpaste and other products. If you want these, I am part of a coop and can put in a big order. People can come and pick them up at a meetup. Otherwise, you can email me and I can tell you about the coop group yourself and you can see for yourself what there is and decide to order yourself and deliver to your own house.
Finally, some of you know that I am do parenting and relationship coaching (my website: http://www.sheilapai.com/­) , but not all of you know that I do Birth Story Listening or birth art. To keep my skills up and my passion nourished, I intend to do at least 2 sessions a month with volunteers who are interested in telling their birth story in a new way that bring some clarity, understanding and healing. I know that many of us have hard moments in our birth that we never fully processed after baby and all the need juggling began. I wanted to share that if any of you (mothers or fathers, never contacted me or someone I've known for years now, regardless of your birth experience) are curious about a Birth Story Listening Session, I am asking for willing volunteers for a 45 min to 1 hour uninterrupted phone call. Don't know what in the world I'm talking about but have some reflections or questions in you? Just get in touch and we'll see where things go from there.
Well, Family thank you, again, for being part of this community. I look forward to a wonderful 2014 that is right around the corner! May the coming days bring warmth, peace, joy and ease to all of us and our families.
~sheila