addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

A New Way To Lead Message Board › I'm interviewing PMs for a book of case studies on “lessons learned” from IT

I'm interviewing PMs for a book of case studies on “lessons learned” from IT projects. Please contact me and share your experiences from the trenches!

David F.
Marina del Rey, CA
Post #: 1
As we all know, IT projects frequently fail. I'd like to compile an enjoyable and enlightening collection of true stories, in the hope that it will help its readers to avoid some of the situations described.

I’m not looking for a general answer to the question, “What makes projects fail?” I want to know what went wrong with your specific project, and what you did (or plan to do) to mitigate the situation and reduce the chances of another similar failure.

In fact, I’d like to hear not only about failed projects, but also about successful projects – projects that delivered on requirements and met their deadline and budget constraints, yet still provided you with learning opportunities to help make future projects even more successful.

Don't worry; I'll change the names to protect the innocent (and the not-so-innocent). I'm not trying to get anyone fired. So if you think others might benefit from your experiences as a project manager, please contact me at­.

I prefer to interview via Skype chat, but I'm open to phone or other IM channels.

David Fetterman