A New Way To Lead Message Board › A real job posting. From a real person (me).

A real job posting. From a real person (me). That will go directly to the Hiring Manager.

Tony W.
user 4637538
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 7
I noticed from Donna Reeds’ post that “unreal job posts,” working with recruiters and not being able to get to the Hiring Manager are the most frustrating aspects of finding a Project Management position.

Well, luck has it that this post is none of those.

My long time friend (from all the way back to junior high school) is the Hiring Manager for Groupon. Apparently this company Groupon- based in Chicago- is blowing up! They just received a new round of funding - $30 million- led by high profile Accel Partners and New Enterprise Associates.

Here’s the deal- I spoke to the Hiring Manager about the position and it does sound like quite an opportunity.
Groupon is building out their engineering practice – and by “building out,” I mean looking at tripling its size from 20 people today to 60 - by year’s end.
Groupon is forecasting $120 million in revenue this year
Groupon has committed to an Agile Project Management practice AND…
Groupon HAS NOT ESTABLISHED ANY PM ORGANIZATIO YET!
The compensation is GOOD. (This coming from a veteran PM who’s been up the ranks and been paid well for it.)

• Groupon is building out their engineering practice – and by “building out,” I mean looking at tripling its size from 20 people today to 60 - by year’s end.
  • Groupon is forecasting $120 million in revenue this year
  • Groupon has committed to an Agile Project Management practice AND…
  • The compensation is very GOOD. (This coming from a veteran PM who’s been up the ranks and been paid well for it.)

If you’re a “make it happen” type of PM or know of someone like this, forward them this opportunity. This one’s a good one.

Here’s the info:
Software Project Manager - Agile
We're seeking a Software Project Manager that has led multiple software projects using Agile. We're looking for the very best talent to join our expert team in building an efficient, elegant, scalable software product for millions of visitors.
Requirements:
• 5+ years experience as a project manager, leading successful software projects using Agile
• Familiarity with iteration planning, scheduling and scoping and the ability to expedite delivery within iterations
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills
• Ability to balance multiple projects across multiple teams in an always changing fast paced environment
Desired Skills:
• Previous startup experience
• Software development/QA background