Do NOT click 'yes' INSTEAD, Copy/Paste http://www.meetup.com/blues-82/events/121732002/ if you wish to attend or find out more.
IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN....JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL CHICAGO BLUES FESTIVAL POTLUCK PICNIC!!!
Join your fellow Meetup members for our Potluck Picnic at the Chicago Blues Fest. We will have a wonderful time meeting, mingling, eating, and most of all, enjoying the great blues music.
*****Note: Please read this complete announcement*****
Here are the details:
Saturday, June 8th, 3:00pm - 9:30pm (the end of Petrillo performances -- park closes). This should give you plenty of time to relax, check out some of the side stages, and patronize the vendors in the concession area before the main acts take the stage. (See the lineup below)
Location: Petrillo Bandshell at Butler Field in Grant Park (corner of Columbus & Jackson) Chicago, IL. We will be sitting on the LEFT side as you face the Petrillo Bandshell center stage in the grassy area behind the walkway. We will have a rather large area.
[CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF WHERE WE WILL BE SITTING. PRINT IT OUT AND BRING IT WITH YOU TO THE PARK TO FIND US]
If you don't see us, call my Assistant Organizer PIERRE's cell phone: (708) 369-3347 Cell reception is poor in the park so please try to find us using the map first.
Please bring an entrée or a couple of the other items from this list
Entrees: Chicken (fried or baked wings/strips), Sub Sandwiches, Rib tips, Meatballs, etc.
Appetizers: Fruit (NO CUT MELON), Hors d'oeuvres, finger sandwiches, veggie plate, chips & dip, etc.
Snacks: Potato Chips, Nuts, Crackers, Cheese, etc.
Dessert: Cake, cookies, brownies, pie, sweet rolls, etc.
Drinks: Water, soda, juice, ice
Supplies: Condiments, Paper plates, cups, utensils, napkins, foil, trash bags, paper towel
(Note the police will not allow you to bring wine/beer into the park. Some folks have been able to get a bottle or two through but you risk having to throw your wine away if you are caught)
>>> Please bring enough food for at least 6 others.
>>> Everyone should bring a picnic chair or blanket or tarp to sit on.
>>> We can use extra ground covering so please bring some if you can .
>>> If you can arrive early (2:30) and would like to help set please email me.
>>> The weather at Grant Park can change quickly. Bring a jacket or sweater as it will get cooler in the evening by the lake.
Feel free to bring your friends and family. Enjoy the park and the music. If you have any questions please email: [masked]
Here's the Saturday Blues Fest Lineup.
Windy City Blues Society Stage
- 11–11:45am - Jacob Schulz Band with special guest Toronzo Cannon
- 12 Noon–1pm - Fernando Jones & Blues Kids of America
- 1:15–2:15pm - Sam Lay joins Bob Riedy & Bob Corritore
- 2:30–3:25pm - Matthew Curry: & The Fury
- 3:40–5:10pm - “Baker’s Dozen” Harp Blowout hosted by Harry Garner Band
- 5:25–6:20pm - Shake ‘Em On Down: Rick Sherry, Joel Paterson & Beau Sample
- 6:30–7:30pm - The Michael Frank & Michael Packer Duo
Bud Light Crossroads Stage
- 11:15am–12:15pm - Bobby Slim James
- 12:45–2pm - Michael Coleman and the New Back Breakers
- 2:30–3:45pm - Peaches and the Grove Shakers
- 4:15–5:30pm - Mike Avery and West Side Soul
Mississippi Juke Joint Stage
- 11:30am–12:30pm - Panel Discussion (Pinetop Perkins 100th Birthday) with Pat Morgan, Barrelhouse Chuck & Kenny “Beedyeyes” Smith. Robert Walker will emcee.
- 1–2pm - The Peterson Brothers Band
- 2:30–3:30pm - Eddie Taylor, Jr.
- 5:30–7:45pm - Tribute to Howlin’Wolf featuring Eddie Shaw and friends
Pepsi Front Porch Stage
- 12 Noon–1pm - Liz Mandeville and the Blue Points
- 1:30–2:30pm - Khalif Wailin’ Walter
- 3–4pm - Holle Thee Maxwell
- 4:30–5:30pm - Larry McCray
Petrillo Music Shell
- 5–6pm - Ronnie Baker Brooks
- 6:30–7:45pm - Otis Clay and the Platinum Band featuring Uvee Hayes
- 8:10–9:30pm - The Memphis Soul Revue starring The Bar-Kays with special guests Eddie Floyd and Sir Mack Rice