NOTE: THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
The theme this year is “Modern Day Romance” – How to make an everyday food a spectacular event. The concept is to make wine and wine pairing an everyday occurrence for an everyday person-Simple, approachable, and convenient.
I think that people think that wine and food pairing is a complex and burdensome task that is precocious and intimidating. So here we take the foods that everyone knows and make a fun and fantastic experience! We teach that you match the texture of wine and food and then contrast the flavor.
In this years event we will show how to take foods that everyone knows and enjoys, and make them pop with attitude and flavor.
Paired by the winemaster at Varaison and the creative palates of our staff.
The entrees and pairings:
1. Chicken wings (yes the good old fashioned finger food) We will show two different flavor combinations paired with our new release of Viognier – Montagne Doux (Mountain Dew) cute huh? Sweet yet tart, aromatic, floral, soft and creamy, just like soda pop. Yum!!!! We will be pairing with Asian sesame ginger wings and Terriyaki chicken wings. Sweet, tart salty, aromatic. The pairings are fantastic. Now why didn’t you think of that?
2. Sweet corn spicy chicken tamales with Mexican mole. Holy mole! is this good. We show how to pair this with Bin 405 Merlot. Notes of chocolate, vanilla, caramel, coffee, cedar, tobacco, cherry and plum. Oh my! Probably one of the best parings ever with Mexican mole, a mixture of chocolate, herbs, and spices.
3. Italian meatball sliders - Now that’s a spicy meatball! Homemade meatballs covered in vine ripe tomato marinara, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. We pair to the Italian classic – Barbera The only way to experience the true essence of Italian fare. Skip the Chianti unless you are having heavy Sicilian or Tuscan food. Guaranteed to make even the most manly man cry with pleasure.
4. Potato chips! You’re kidding right? I just paid $50 for potato chips? Wait till you see what you can do with this. We take Lays Ruffle potato chips and hand dip them in Callebaut chocolate. Sprinkle with black pepper and smoked sea salt, steak seasoning, maple cured smoked bacon crumbles, cinnamon, ginger, you name it. The combination of sweet, salty, crunchy, zesty is just crazy good. And for you white chocolate addicts we take chocolate cookies, dip them in Callebaut chocolate and sprinkle with toasted macadamia nuts, toasted almonds, coconut, vanilla powder, etc. OMG it will make your heart race.
5. What would chips be without dip?! Savory spreads, salsas, jams, and relish to apply to you chip. Wow! I am left speechless with the flavors
6. Our classic strawberry salad - Baby spinach, toasted caramelized walnuts, goat cheese crumbles, chocolate balsamic vinaigrette, and ripe strawberries all combined with Barbera. So savory it is a meal in itself. Crazy delicious..
7. Tuxedo strawberries of course. What would Valentine’s Day be without them.
8. The cheese course of course - Fresh goat milk cheese drizzled with mountain honey and vanilla bean powder and served with toast points.
9. Chocolates chocolates chocolates – fresh from my trip to Paris - Revillion Sacraments du Medoc, and Valrhona. Oh my..............
10. And of course the finale! Chocolate cordial cups filled with love! This will be a total surprise to all.
We sure have had fun in the past couple of weeks putting this together to make a completely unique and enjoyable experience for all. Bon Appetit!
After dining on white linen tablecloths, and learning about the special process Varasion wines go through to achieve their out of this world flavor, dance the night away to a local, upbeat jazz trio.
We promise you will have a wonderful Valentine's evening filled with chocolate, jazz, food and wine!
The menu may vary slightly, due to market availability.
Please note, due to website restrictions, only one ticket price is allowed per event. In order to give couples a discount, this event must be divided into two sections: one for singles ($55) and one for couples ($100)
Make sure you are on the correct page before submitting your RSVP.
When placing your RSVP on the couple's page, put (1) in the "how many" column. It will charge you $100 for (1) couple. If you put (2) it will charge you $200 and we'll expect 4 people to attend.
There are no restrictions as to who forms a couple. For example, if 2 friends want to attend together to save money, instead of placing two individual RSVPs on the singles page, one friend can RSVP on the couples page.
Please e-mail Kathy with any questions.