Alexandria-Arlington Regional Gaming Group Message Board › Games you'd like to see made into movies

Games you'd like to see made into movies

A former member
Post #: 6
I'm horrified by the idea of Monopoly ever being made into a movie. Despite Dianne's love for the game :P.

What would you like to be made into a movie? Any type of game works.

Being the video game addict that I am, I would really like to see a movie made from a little known game called Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I loved the story in it, and I love that style of psychological horror in general.

I'm not sure how board games in general might translate into movies. The funniest might be something like Life, or possibly most depressing. Oh! Settlers of Catan, while fun to play would make an amazingly lame movie. Same goes for Carcassone....

Maybe board games just can't be made into movies? *coughcluewasawesomecough*
Dianne
user 6503701
Arlington, VA
Post #: 18
Red dragons Inn could totally be a movie. ( bar fights are fun to watch) and Scotland Yard could be a good mystery.
David
user 5333088
Group Organizer
Dumfries, VA
Post #: 11
I doubt most movies based on games would resemble the games much except superficially. Like Monopoly might be suited to a Victorian era movie after all you have an equestrian, a top hat, a relic roadster, a boot, an old style iron, and a howitzer. We might even drag in the Crimean War.
A former member
Post #: 2
SETTLERS OF CATAN: THE MOVIE

Starcrossed lovers are torn apart as their families choose to colonize opposite shores of the island Catan. Decades later, they are the leaders of their respective villages, and they must build a road across the land to unite their peoples and restore their love. Along the way, they must deal with militaristic empires (the largest army of the land!) and the mysterious masked robber who plunders their resources.

Possible movie poster slogans:
SETTLE FOR ADVENTURE
CITIES RISE, LOVE UNITES ALL
GET WOOD FOR SHEEP
A former member
Post #: 29
HAHAHAHA - Get Wood for Sheep, LOVE IT
A former member
Post #: 7
Do you think in one of the sequels you could make a boat out of sheep? Then travel and find a lost city of gold?

How about a horror movie for Cubis.

BLOCKS FALL, EVERYONE DIES.

something like that.

Chutes and Ladders would bother me I think. Robot Chicken does a pretty good fake movie trailer for it though.
A former member
Post #: 30

Chutes and Ladders would bother me I think. Robot Chicken does a pretty good fake movie trailer for it though.

Wait - have I seen this?? Why have I not seen this. Friday, Scooter - I demand to be shown this!! wink
A former member
Post #: 4
Catan prequel:

Settler's of Catan: Bandit's Island

The story of the mysterious bandit and how he - a member of the long lost indigenous Cataninites - fought valiantly against the invading hordes or loggers, farmers, masons, sheepherders, and miners. Then they can pull a Zorro and reveal that the bandit from the original movie is really the prequel bandit's son.

That's all I got.
A former member
Post #: 3
The beauty of the Catan franchise is that it includes pre-packaged sequels.

SEAFARERS OF CATAN
CITIES AND KNIGHTS OF CATAN
TRADERS AND BARBARIANS OF CATAN
STARFARERS OF CATAN

And of course...

CATAN: 5-6 PLAYER EXPANSION ("This Island Just Got a Little More Settled")
David
user 5333088
Group Organizer
Dumfries, VA
Post #: 12
The beauty of the Catan franchise is that it includes pre-packaged sequels.

SEAFARERS OF CATAN
CITIES AND KNIGHTS OF CATAN
TRADERS AND BARBARIANS OF CATAN
STARFARERS OF CATAN

And of course...

CATAN: 5-6 PLAYER EXPANSION ("This Island Just Got a Little More Settled")

...or we could just roll up Settlers of Catan into Civilization!