What is it?
This is the session where you set the agenda!
August's ACE event will be a chance to harness the variety and depth of skills and experiences in our ACE community via the medium of Open Space. Whether a newbie to agile or a more seasoned coach there will be something for you. It is also a great chance to meet new people in our community.
How will it work?
1) As you arrive, feel free to submit question, issues or problems on post-it notes on the Open Space board. (Submissions should be no more than 7 words that will describe your problem).
2) With everyone in a circle we'll kick off the session and read through the suggestions and get an idea of priority using dot voting.
3) As we read out the top priority items we'll need a sponsor from the group for each one to take this issue to a suitable area to discuss it in. Anyone wishing to join that group can follow or wait until they find something else interesting. Each group will be given a sheet of flip-chart paper on which they can illustrate the key points from their discussion.
4) We should then have various hubs of discussion and activity around the venue that people can join to contribute or learn from.
5) Report findings from each hub back to the event group at the end.
6) There will be pizza.
7) There is no 7th point but I like 7, it's a nice number.
The law of two feet
"If at any time during our time together you find yourself in any situation where you are neither learning nor contributing, use your two feet, go someplace else."
Essentially, feel free to move between discussion hubs if you think the could add or gain value elsewhere in the room. This is your event!
For more info on Open Space: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Space_Technology