add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Software giveaways at Thursday night SXSW motion graphics gathering (Registe

Software giveaways at Thursday night SXSW motion graphics gathering (Register TODAY)

Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, I want to give you a heads-up about a great opportunity this week. This Thursday night at 7pm, at Lumenbrite on South Congress, there'll be a special launch gathering for a new Meetup group here in Austin, the Motion Graphics Meetup. This group, headed up by our own Matt Houston, will be working in conjunction with ATXDM as well as the Flash Platform Meetup and the Austin Film Meetup. We're very happy to be a sponsor for them and to partner with them for our own Motion Graphics Panels on the third Wednesday of each month.

This gathering will be a BIG deal, as it's being sponsored by Maxon, Adobe and Unity3D, where they will be giving away copies of their software- Cinema4D Broadcast, After Effects and Unity Pro. In order to be eligible, you have to RSVP for the meetup by 7pm tonight (Tuesday March 8th). And, of course, you have to be there for the drawing itself.­

To get some actual nutrition with all this dessert, there'll be two awesome speakers presenting that night: Nick Denton of Greyscale Gorilla and Barton Damer of Already Been Chewed. If you don't know who they are, you'll want to check their sites: http://greyscalegoril...­ and http://alreadybeenche...­

I'll be there, and I hope a number of you can come too. We'll have our own regular Motion Graphics Panel meetup next Wednesday, stay tuned for details.